(Just for fun and please don't misunderstand!)

Markus C. Müller could have easily stayed with his old company, where his knowledge would now be in great demand.

Until four years ago, he was head of Blackberry's European business and for him it was clear that "... the next business must touch my heart."

So he retrained and became a dying companion. Would fit nevertheless optimally into the today's situation with TCL/BlackBerry mobile. Or?

Source: https://www.gruenderszene.de/health/...flege-nui-care
    rarsen, Bbnivende, john_v and 1 others like this.
    08-14-19 02:19 AM
    Takes a special person to take on that job....
    08-14-19 07:50 AM
    Absolutely. There are so many jobs that deal with misery on a daily basis. I couldn't do any of them.
    john_v and shadowcalling like this.
    08-14-19 08:22 AM

Markus C. Müller could have easily stayed with his old company, where his knowledge would now be in great demand.

Until four years ago, he was head of Blackberry's European business and for him it was clear that "... the next business must touch my heart."

So he retrained and became a dying companion. Would fit nevertheless optimally into the today's situation with TCL/BlackBerry mobile. Or?

This is the English translation, its been a long time but here it goes:

According to data from the Federal Statistical Office, three out of four patients in Germany are cared for at home. In most cases, relatives take over the work, wash hair, cook food and clean the bathroom. It is less common for outpatient care services to be active. Markus C. Müller, a former manager and trained hospice attendant, cannot take care of the families. With the Nui app, he wants to help them organise their everyday lives instead. Müller manages the start-up together with Oliver Gajek.
    Markus, you were the European head of Blackberry. Why are you dealing with home care now?

Two out of four Nui founders have parents who need care. Luckily, my parents are still fit, but I trained as a hospice attendant after leaving Blackberry four years ago. I have noticed time and again that people who look after relatives at home were completely overburdened. I remember a man who gave his 65-year-old wife to a home after eight years of care. Not because it was medically necessary, but because he simply couldn't do it anymore. She died there a day later. As a software entrepreneur, I knew I had to help.
    Your digital care assistant is something of a task manager for relatives. How do you want to get through this against Whatsapp groups, emails and paper slips?

These communication channels are all disorganized. There are usually several people per case in home care who want or need to be informed: siblings, neighbours, carers. You can enter appointments and tasks in our "Family Care Manager" and exchange them specifically. Then it says, for example: Mum has to go to the dentist at 8. At Whatsapp I have a text, all of which address five topics at the same time. It's hard to keep track of that.
    Enter and chat to-dos – that doesn't sound particularly care-specific.

We will launch an information assistant in October, which goes well beyond our previous functions. For example, if there is a sudden stroke in the family circle, relatives with the topic of care are often completely overwhelmed. Then they don't have the head or the time to spend three hours researching Pflege.de where they get how much financial support for what. There are more than a dozen different funding pots in Germany. With us, a chatbot will ask users what level of care a person has, where they live, whether they are cared for alone or together with a nursing service. In the end, for example, the chatbot suggests five pots that are eligible for the user.

Markus C. Müller (45) co-founded Munich-based Nui Care GmbH in 2019. In 2011, he sold his software company Ubitexx to the Canadian smartphone manufacturer Blackberry, which at the time was still called Research in Motion. At Blackberry, Müller was first head of Germany, then Europe. He left in 2015. He is Chairman of the Board of the Hospice Service Dasein e.V., which also sits in Munich.

Those who care are on average older than 50. You are unlikely to reach users via search engines or social media, where startups like to advertise.

In sales, we have already had many discussions with counselling centres for carers and with social services in hospitals over the last six months. In addition, our hope is that insurance companies will one day refund the cost of our app. From autumn onwards, we want to go through employers first. Reconciling work and family life no longer only affects childcare, but also care. Employees who care are more likely to be ill, more likely to fail. Employers therefore have a great interest in supporting their employees. It would be conceivable that employers, for example, would point us in on the intranet and pay their employees for the app.
    08-14-19 09:23 PM

So that's why he left BlackBerry. BlackBerry was only a near death experience, not an actual imminent death experience. His software idea sounds promising, probably limited to locations as different countries have different health care options at the end of life (or I guess he could apply some locales rules). Sounds like something he should integrate into BBMe.

Don't forget to include the Catholic priest (Sacraments...Confession,Eucharist, Eucharistic minister, annointing of the sick, Funeral mass) or protestant minister ...and...as Homer Simpson puts it...miscillaneous others in the app. These are critical partners when the time comes. Yes Germany still has Christians, last tme i checked.
    08-14-19 11:32 PM
    Agreed. When my mom went into pallitive and then hospice care, the people were amazing. They made a hard situation much more manageable to deal with.
    08-15-19 09:41 AM