My wife and I just got new Bold 9650's. We want to use Docs to go. Does anybody know if I have to buy 2 Doc's to go? One for each. Or can I use it on both?
    Thanks...mike
    08-04-10 11:21 AM
    When you register you get 40% off, so that may save you some scratch. Otherwise I don't know if you can have one license for two devices.

What are you going to do with it? You can always copy a couple blank word documents and excel spreadsheets onto your memory card and edit them with the free version, but I don't know what your needs are.
    08-04-10 11:32 AM
    When I tried it was a while ago I am pretty sure it didn't even ask for my pin i do remember that you can spend 3 bucks and get download insurance so you can download it 10 times not sure if it is to the same device, I keep that in mind or I haven't tried but in the crackberry app store you can download a different version in crackberry app store for .99 cents that lets you edit word, excel and powerpoint. I'm personally a fan of docs to go but that is another option.
    08-04-10 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I didn't know you could edit a doc with the standard version. I thought I needed the Premium version. We just want to be able to have separate, editable documents
    08-04-10 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I didn't know you could edit a doc with the standard version. I thought I needed the Premium version. We just want to be able to have separate, editable documents
    What I did was create a new.doc and a new.xls and saved them to my memory card. Then in docs2go you can pull up a document, go into edit mode and edit it, then save as and change the name.

It is a VERY simple text editor in the free version. But it works for my purposes. I say play with it and see, if you need the more robust program then consider buying a license.
    08-04-10 11:55 AM
    I do what michikade suggests, works perfect for me. I've created a few differently formatted Word and Excel documents that are blank. As was said, it's a very simple text editor, but if you have the blank document formatted the way you want it works great.

I've done many assignments and papers for school all from my BB. Then just stop at the library on the way to class to print then out. The premium version looks really cool, but most people can get by just fine with the standard edition.
    08-04-10 12:05 PM
    Thanks to all. The advise is great. I tried to edit a doc I had saved and I now realize I can edit them. You guys just saved me at least 30 bucks. If I could, I'd buy you a cup of coffee (or what ever).
    It is embarrassing to be so new to this stuff. Thanks for being kind...mike
    08-04-10 12:19 PM
    Thanks to all. The advise is great. I tried to edit a doc I had saved and I now realize I can edit them. You guys just saved me at least 30 bucks. If I could, I'd buy you a cup of coffee (or what ever).
    It is embarrassing to be so new to this stuff. Thanks for being kind...mike
    LOL it's no problem at all. Besides, a cup of coffee for all of us and yourself and you'd be spending that $30 easy. :P

Welcome to CrackBerry - I love this place and wouldn't know half of what I know about berries without it. Stick around and read the forums, it's a complete treasure trove of information.
    08-04-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD