Alright, I probably could have put this somewhere else, but I figured I would get a quicker response here. I currently have a Nextel I580. I have been a Nextel customer for a long time now and really need the PTT for work. However, I am tired of always having the crappy phone out of everybody, so I want to upgrade.

I am going to go get a new one tomorrow (while the wife is still giving me permission ). I only have two options that I am considering. The first one is the 8350i, and the second is the Motorola i1.

I really don't need either one to be honest. I get along just fine with my current phone, but I would really like to be able to do more. I do text pretty often, but not nearly as much as most people I know. Most of my talking is done with the PTT, so its a must for me. I would like to be able to browse the internet, check out a few forums I am a member of, and do emails. I'm not really into playing games or sitting around watching videos all day long, but I could see possibly going to Youtube every once in a while. I'm not real big into Facebook, but I do use it occasionally, so being able to do that would be nice.

Based on that, and your opinions of these two phones, which one would you choose?

Thanks,
    Joey
    04-04-11 09:30 PM
    Uh, well...

I'm not sure, to be honest, with the $10 increase for smartphones...
    04-04-11 10:35 PM
    Alright, I probably could have put this somewhere else, but I figured I would get a quicker response here. I currently have a Nextel I580. I have been a Nextel customer for a long time now and really need the PTT for work. However, I am tired of always having the crappy phone out of everybody, so I want to upgrade.

I am going to go get a new one tomorrow (while the wife is still giving me permission ). I only have two options that I am considering. The first one is the 8350i, and the second is the Motorola i1.

I really don't need either one to be honest. I get along just fine with my current phone, but I would really like to be able to do more. I do text pretty often, but not nearly as much as most people I know. Most of my talking is done with the PTT, so its a must for me. I would like to be able to browse the internet, check out a few forums I am a member of, and do emails. I'm not really into playing games or sitting around watching videos all day long, but I could see possibly going to Youtube every once in a while. I'm not real big into Facebook, but I do use it occasionally, so being able to do that would be nice.

Based on that, and your opinions of these two phones, which one would you choose?

Thanks,
    Joey
    Well to be honest, ain't got an idea what phone you planning to change (yeah even with model I don't really know).

However, this is what I feel. Why don't you head down to the store and see which phone you actually like? Feel is important and no use buying something you don't like or will regret.

if you have done that and can't decide, consider budget wise. Which can save you more money? In this world, you can't go wrong with saving a little bit more money

Good luck!
    04-04-11 10:53 PM
    To be honest, I'd avoid the headaches and go with the Moto. The 8350i has been a disappointment to many, isn't supported very well, and has driven some to hatred. Why they attached a data-centric device to a network that isn't particularly data-friendly is definitely a WTF moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 03:11 AM
    i have the 8350i on the boost network. it works great. i can switch from wifi to the native browser when ever needed. i personally think the touch screens are damage proned and dont work well when my hands are covered in pvc cement or imediatly after a trip to kfc. plus the 8350i stays on the 50.00 unlimited plan with all the features of the bb 60.00 unlimited plan. just my opinion, just my opinion the choice is ultimatly yours.
    04-05-11 04:53 AM
    NOTHING beats going to the store and checking out the phones. Some folks LOVE the 8350 and think it's a great way to get PTT AND a BB, others as BK pointed out, think otherwise. Check out the phones for yourself, it's worth a trip to the store and 10 minutes minimum on each phone!
    04-05-11 07:45 AM
    To be honest, I'd avoid the headaches and go with the Moto. The 8350i has been a disappointment to many, isn't supported very well, and has driven some to hatred. Why they attached a data-centric device to a network that isn't particularly data-friendly is definitely a WTF moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Man, +1 on this 100%. There are two guys at my work with company provided 8350i's, and they are PAINFULLY slow. I can't imagine that the Moto would prove much better, the Nextel network is absolutely useless for data.
    04-05-11 08:12 AM
    I played with both today at the store. My wife has an 8350i, so I am pretty used to it. The Moto i1 felt kind of cheap to me. Well, not necessarily cheap, but it felt like I would destroy it at work within a month. I have PVC cleaner and glue on my hands too. I hadn't really considered how dirty my hands get at work so I think I have made my mind up.

I know IDEN sucks for data, but I'm not going to be streaming videos much, if any. If I didn't absolutely need the PTT I would look elsewhere, but it kind of limits my choices.

Thanks for the replies,
    Joey
    04-05-11 06:51 PM
    Don't miss our device sections, we have one dedicated to that model. There are MANY folks who love it......

BlackBerry Curve 8350i - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    04-05-11 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD