Here is a random question. We have a new technology that combines GPS with radio waves. We are already in discussion with Nokia about the technology. However.......I've become a BB fan. I've weathered the "Storm" and anxiously wait for new betas.

Does anyone here work with RIM? I'm curious to see if RIM would interested in such technology. In summary, the new technology can utilize GPS indoors. I know RIM has other developements besides phones, and this might be something that they could use in those sectors.

Anyways, just curious if any of you had any thoughts.

Some examples of application could be for firefighter location tracking, secured areas, child location, or even GPS in metropolitan areas....you know when you drive through a tunnel and suddenly your lost.
    09-14-09 05:16 PM
    Bump to see if anyone has an opinion
    09-15-09 05:17 PM
    I guess not.

Do not bump. It is against forum rules. Threads are allowed to die naturally.
    09-15-09 05:19 PM
    On my old E71-2 google maps loaded the map and locked my position extremely fast. My 8900 not so much. One of the good things about the old phone. (One of the few)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 05:23 PM
    First of all it's not new really, BlackBerries can already triangulate their position based on the cell towers.

Second, why ask randomly on a forum? It almost sounds as though you have a stake in it so why not approach RIM directly? That would seem the logical choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD