"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise."

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    Yes, please remember that next time you walk into a carrier store. The end.
    04-13-14 03:25 AM
    Yes, please remember that next time you walk into a carrier store. The end.

04-13-14 06:28 AM

Since you only have one quote and not a real response I'll leave this thread with one:

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
    04-13-14 08:35 AM
    Argue with a fool, no-one will know who's who

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-13-14 08:38 AM
    There is always a fool trying to bring negativity, as if many of us don't know what's going on with the company...

From my White Z30
    04-13-14 08:42 AM
    Maybe you should write a letter to Blackberry, and ask them to send Blackberry's own sales rep on huge stores.
    If not possible, then ask them to start a campaign educating atleast 2-3 people in all major stores which have blackberry, it'll be cheaper and efficient
    I hope Blackberry listens
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-13-14 08:43 AM
    Maybe you should write a letter to Blackberry, and ask them to send Blackberry's own sales rep on huge stores.
    If not possible, then ask them to start a campaign educating atleast 2-3 people in all major stores which have blackberry, it'll be cheaper and efficient
    I hope Blackberry listens

Blackberry did have reps that covered areas....but I suspect a few were caught in last year's redundancies.
    04-13-14 11:06 AM
    Blackberry did have reps that covered areas....but I suspect a few were caught in last year's redundancies.
    And the ones that haven't, I've heard some complaints, around my area at least, I might email BlackBerry UK and ask to take over

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-13-14 11:22 AM
    Great idea, in your team already

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:33 AM
    How much is BB paying for this job?
    How much would you take, if it was your idea???

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:35 AM
    If one of these unpaid disciples came into my place of business, I'd throw them out.
    If Blackberry needs missionaries to do marketing for them, then it's time to pack it in. And I don't think they do. Leave the job of selling BB to the guys that are mapping out a strategy.
    You know those people that used to walk around holding their iPhone listening to music so that everyone could see that they had an iPhone? That's how popular this campaign would be.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    anon(5828343) and Acidwire like this.
    04-13-14 12:28 PM
    Great idea -- now if only BBRY would actually do it rather than depending on customers to do it for them.

The problem is, so many Crackberry fans have been doing this for years and it hasn't helped and this issue has been discussed here ad nauseum and:
    a) BBRY hasn't figured out that they have a problem; or
    b) they know they have a problem and don't give a hoot.

As I've said often before, having spent some time while in college in sales, if someone came into my store, pretended to be buying something and then wasted 20-30 minutes of my time with some pseudo-teaching opportunity on a device, I'd be polite like this sales associate was to you but I would also quickly realize that anyone coming in to want to talk to me about BB devices was a waste of my time.
    04-13-14 04:31 PM
    How are you going to educate kids who think they know it all and hate anything that isn't what they would choose.
    04-13-14 07:18 PM
    A little off topic but have to share because it wasn't too far off. Worked at a huge event today and might have nipped that negative view about BlackBerry a bit.

There was this one guy I will share about. We were chatting and he mentioned something about an app and advised me to try it but was like oh no you have a BlackBerry so you don't have apps. So I sorta chuckled (inwardly I was like yessss) and was like oh we have apps and I asked which one. He told me the name of the app as he stood glaring at my screen asking if that was the new BlackBerry so I said yeah as I casually downloaded and installed it. He was shocked and seeing the android icon for snap asked me if my BlackBerry was running Android. I told him not exactly and briefly explained how it worked. He told me he used android before but now likes iPhone. He told me about another app and as I was about to look it up he took my Z30 away from me, searched for and installed the app himself (I kid you not) as if he could not believe it was real lol. All this to say with him and a few others learning about BB10 shrinks some of the negative views they might have had towards BlackBerry, which is my original mission.

I wasn't showing off or anything I was just using my phone there as everyone else was (this included photo taking) and they were curious about it. It's always nice to see people take interest in BB10 and walk away impressed.

I like to think that every little piece plays a part in a big puzzle so this is some of my contribution to my # teamBlackBerry.

I haven't had the time to go to a vendor yet but I will soon and report.

dusdal likes this.
    04-13-14 08:41 PM
    Wonderful story sir and kudos.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 09:36 PM
    I see these threads a lot where anecdotes are given about bb10 users are "wowing" or leaving non-blackberry "speechless". Rarely does anyone detail the specific tasks or examples that were so enlightening to the Android/IOS heathens.

OP please tell us what exactly you did that left the cell phone salesman speechless. Whatever you did sounds like it has the type of compelling qualities necessary to force people to forsake established mobile ecosystems like Android and IOS for an upstart like BB10.
    Glad you asked.

The guy was helping me out and asked why did I choose BlackBerry so I simply showed him some of the cool new features, app stores (BlackBerry World, Snap, Amazon, 1mobile). I shared with him basically how I use my BlackBerry daily (picture password, Hub: one gesture swipe back to the hub root and pinch to filter unread email are life savers, BBM, BBM video, Channels, Web browsing: love adding web pages to my home screen , Camera, Play on: through my Samsung television/xbox, keyboard shortcuts). The store had some game controllers that are compatible with BB10 and I also shared that with him and I'm happy he asked because he was impressed at the end. Maybe not enough to buy one but maybe enough to not just say BlackBerry sucks. The encounter was brief but he was curious about the Z30 which is why I shared with him which led to my idea.

I think I may have came off wrong to some because of my excitement when I started this post. I have no intention to create a hostile battle to make a rep loose their job or get kicked out of a store, just to lessen some of the negativity surrounding BlackBerry in any little way I can.

And yes, BB10 is a great upstart that has proven superior to it's established rivals on occasion ( http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z30-defea...s-competition/ http://html5test.com/ http://www.opptrends.com/2014/03/bla...-dod-networks/) which is a good enough reason to switch. Make no mistake, I'm not saying it completely outshines the competition because it has its pros and cons just like the others.

Everyone uses their devices differently and for some who might be using a different platform, BlackBerry might be a better solution for them and vice versa for some BlackBerry users. Again my idea was not to get people to just opt and switch from whatever device they use currently (even though that would be nice for BlackBerry), instead to just show people who aren't aware of how cool and productive BB10 is so the hate meter would go down that's it.

chr1sny likes this.
    04-13-14 09:40 PM
    If one of these unpaid disciples came into my place of business, I'd throw them out.
    If Blackberry needs missionaries to do marketing for them, then it's time to pack it in. And I don't think they do. Leave the job of selling BB to the guys that are mapping out a strategy.
    You know those people that used to walk around holding their iPhone listening to music so that everyone could see that they had an iPhone? That's how popular this campaign would be.

Please don't be too hard on BlackBerry, everyone's pride has cost them or will cost them at some point in their lives.

I personally think that if a company going through such tough transitions with such a heavy gloom hanging around had such dedicated fans who enjoy and rely on using their devices to the extent where they are willing to stand by them no matter what season, they must have done something right. That's just me though.

Question : Have you ever really appreciated something, anything that you really enjoy using so much that the thought of that thing or whatsoever not being around for you to enjoy drives or motivates you to preserve the source of that such thing? Would you try in some small way to help save it?

Think Brave Heart, but on a smaller scale. Lives will probably not be lost here but jobs will, and great tech can fade away because of pointless hate and unnecessary slander.

There is after all a much bigger picture here, this is just not the post where I would like to get into all that stuff. But thanks for you view though.

Last edited by 07thking; 04-13-14 at 10:24 PM.
    04-13-14 10:07 PM
    Fantastic

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:35 PM
    Lol I don't have to pretend. I am just realistic. I don't have to praise or worship them to be a user of their products.
    Be realistic. Don't waste your time here...lol

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-13-14 11:12 PM
    Thank you

04-14-14 12:22 AM
    Videos or it didn't happen!

Posted via CB10
    Do you video yourself all the time? Lol! Maybe you are not even real, so show us a video of yourself or we won't believe you exist. Now, on a serious note, do you realize it may be a very serious offense, in some jurisdictions, to record someone without their consent?

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-14-14 06:51 AM
    @07thking- my post was not intended to cast a negative light on BlackBerry, or those who love them. My post was simply referring to anyone who would pose as a customer as a ruse to tie up my employee's time.
    I'm fairly certain that ambushing people in their place of business would be a bad strategy. However, should someone ask you about your device, and then you proceed to show them, different story...
    Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

04-14-14 07:12 AM
    @07thking- my post was not intended to cast a negative light on BlackBerry, or those who love them. My post was simply referring to anyone who would pose as a customer as a ruse to tie up my employee's time.
    I'm fairly certain that ambushing people in their place of business would be a bad strategy. However, should someone ask you about your device, and then you proceed to show them, different story...
    Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Thanks for your view, I understand what you mean. But many times in the past I visited vendor stores that were far from busy where the reps were walking around hoping for customers so while I can agree with you and I should not and probably would not tie up people's time if they are free I don't think it my idea would hurt.

It's not what you do sometimes but how you do it.

04-14-14 08:07 AM
    While I admire your enthusiasm, and wish you luck with your educating, my point is that the front line sales staff may or may not make the decisions as to what they do or don't carry in their stores.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that most of those decisions are made in some boardroom with an agreement made between the manufacturer and the retailer. The sales associate might be wowed by the features of a device, but unless the training is done by BlackBerry, and an agreement is in place between BlackBerry and the manufacturer, I'm doubtful if an approach such as this would gain any kind of traction.
    What quality controls would such a program have? Would you get 10 people in an area go into one retail outlet to extol the virtues of all things BB10? How would anyone know if they were genuinely knowledgable? Who is to say that the sales associate actually tried BB10 and preferred another platform?
    Again, it is entirely my own opinion that something such as this would do more harm than good.
    Should someone come up to you and ask you about your device, by all means!! Show it off. Tell them how you like it and how it makes your life simpler.
    But to recruit volunteers as the OP first mentioned to pose as a customer so that he/she could educate front line sales staff how BB10 works? I feel this would do more harm than good.
    Again...just my opinion.

04-14-14 10:02 AM
    Glad you asked.

The guy was helping me out and asked why did I choose BlackBerry so I simply showed him some of the cool new features, app stores (BlackBerry World, Snap, Amazon, 1mobile). I shared with him basically how I use my BlackBerry daily (picture password, Hub: one gesture swipe back to the hub root and pinch to filter unread email are life savers, BBM, BBM video, Channels, Web browsing: love adding web pages to my home screen , Camera, Play on: through my Samsung television/xbox, keyboard shortcuts). The store had some game controllers that are compatible with BB10 and I also shared that with him and I'm happy he asked because he was impressed at the end. Maybe not enough to buy one but maybe enough to not just say BlackBerry sucks. The encounter was brief but he was curious about the Z30 which is why I shared with him which led to my idea.
    Thanks for providing those specifics. Of those examples, I really like the pinch to filter unread emails. I receive a lot of work based emails and that feature would be very handy. From my experience with BB10 (pre-10.2), I wish they would allow you to pin active frames. As an Android user, I've become very used to using widgets and would like that type of functionality in BB10.
    04-14-14 11:56 AM
50 12