Will the new Curve for Verizon be better than the Bold? I was going to buy the Bold today, but then I saw that the price went up from $99, to $149, so that put me off a little. When is the new Curve going to come out? Will it measure up to the Bold?
    09-08-10 03:17 PM
    they are one in the same phone. just different skin. I would do some research to see which one of the two will support OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 03:22 PM
    they are one in the same phone. just different skin. I would do some research to see which one of the two will support OS6.

I thought I heard that both the 9300 and 9650 will both be getting os6, but I could be wrong.
    09-08-10 03:24 PM
    They should BOTH support 6.0 BUT they are NOT the same phone. The 9330 is also somewhat vaporware in that little is known about it at this point and little has leaked. It's not expected until Nov/Dec possibly later. It will probably only have a 2.0 MP camera and EVDO Rev 0 (not A), it also may not have a flash, also expect it to use the lower end manufacturing process and components, like the 85XX series. It should have the specs of the 9300.
    09-08-10 03:29 PM
    The 9330 is an 8530 that will support BlackBerry 6 with a shiny bezel. The 9330 also adds wifi n over the 9650 and and 8530, but the majority of people have no idea what that will do for them, people shouldn't really care about that either.

The Bold is a much better phone, if the price just dropped then go get it!
    Nope, they are definitely not the same device. While the new 3G curve has some improvement over the old Curve, it retains the lower-res screen, fixed focus 2.0 MP camera, and lack of a flash from the 8520. It also has the separated keyboard that follows in the Curve tradition. At least they apparently gave it enough oomph to run BlackBerry 6, perhaps trying to finally deplete their supply of 624 MHz processors.

Last edited by BergerKing; 09-08-10 at 03:39 PM.
    Gmta!!!!! Lol
    09-08-10 03:31 PM
    September 16th!

Here's a few pics of some Verizon screenshots posted by BGR yesterday. There's a typo and an inconsistency that I seen, so who knows what's going on.

The description says 8330 smartphone. Also, the 9300 supports wifi n, but in the features of the phone it only shows b/g. I think Verizon has some issues to work out in the next week...

BlackBerry Curve 9330 launching in two colors on Verizon Wireless this month Boy Genius Report

Lol! just noticed that too pk
    09-08-10 03:41 PM
    September 16th!

Here's a few pics of some Verizon screenshots posted by BGR yesterday. There's a typo and an inconsistency that I seen, so who knows what's going on.

The description says 8330 smartphone. Also, the 9300 supports wifi n, but in the features of the phone it only shows b/g. I think Verizon has some issues to work out in the next week...

BlackBerry Curve 9330 launching in two colors on Verizon Wireless this month Boy Genius Report

Lol! just noticed that too pk
    HOW can it be released in like 2 weeks and we have gotten such LITTLE info on the device? Is Verizon that good at preventing leaks?
    09-08-10 04:33 PM
    The Bold is a much better device. I have had a Curve and it just doesn't have that umph for me. It is a great device for someone who is new to BB but if you want all the bells and have a higher resolution screen and camera with a flash, don't settle for less. Get the Bold. You will regret getting a lower end BB I know, been there done it.
    09-08-10 06:41 PM
    Bold is def a better device. If you opt for it, you won't be sorry. The new curve still looks like it is a nice device though.
    09-08-10 06:45 PM
    The Bold is a much better device. I have had a Curve and it just doesn't have that umph for me. It is a great device for someone who is new to BB but if you want all the bells and have a higher resolution screen and camera with a flash, don't settle for less. Get the Bold. You will regret getting a lower end BB I know, been there done it.
    I have the Bold 9650 and agree it is a great device! Based on leaked info on the Curve 9330 it is an entry level device. If you like the Bold I say go for it. If you get the Curve and later decide to get the Bold 9650 you may end up paying the restocking fee, costing you more in the long run.
    09-08-10 07:56 PM
    Nope, they are definitely not the same device. While the new 3G curve has some improvement over the old Curve, it retains the lower-res screen, fixed focus 2.0 MP camera, and lack of a flash from the 8520. It also has the separated keyboard that follows in the Curve tradition. At least they apparently gave it enough oomph to run BlackBerry 6, perhaps trying to finally deplete their supply of 624 MHz processors.

I imagine the CDMA version of the 93xx will be sporting a Qualcomm 528mhz chip...that'll still help RIM run down the inventory though
    09-08-10 08:16 PM
    I would still go with the Bold over the Curve...I will say though, I don't get why people think Flash on the camera is that big of a deal as it sucks for lighting stuff up...I mean sucks! Miles well have left it off, lol!

I say, go test drive each phone and go with your gut feeling. Really is the best way.

09-08-10 08:24 PM
    I would still go with the Bold over the Curve...I will say though, I don't get why people think Flash on the camera is that big of a deal as it sucks for lighting stuff up...I mean sucks! Miles well have left it off, lol!

I say, go test drive each phone and go with your gut feeling. Really is the best way.

I think the flash makes a pretty big difference..

Same lighting used in both pictures other than flash.
    09-08-10 08:37 PM
  16. T
    They don't all have a flash? Even my 8330m has a flash.
    09-08-10 11:29 PM
    I imagine the CDMA version of the 93xx will be sporting a Qualcomm 528mhz chip...that'll still help RIM run down the inventory though
    Frankly, I'd not be surprised. If anything is to be growled about, it's the violation of the 6-P Rule RIM committed when they bought so many processors in an age when leaps and bounds are being made. Oops.

I've got a feeling, though, that putting OS 6 on that processor is going to have a less-than-desirable consequence down the road in the short term.

09-08-10 11:51 PM
    when the phone comes out, go to the store and try them both out and get the one you like. I like the Curve my self. I really like the big rubber media buttons on the phone. it makes it so easy to pause a podcast or song when i am driving without having to look at the phone.
    09-08-10 11:56 PM
    Get the Bold. You will regret getting a lower end BB I know, been there done it.
    I agree whole heartedly.
    09-09-10 05:51 AM
    Definitely the Bold. Better camera, double the memory, better resolution, and just a better built device.

09-09-10 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD