I am new to the curve. I just have a few things to ask and see if i can get some help. First sometimes when i am on a call is sounds like i am echoing or that i am in a big empty room. any ideas? also i want to be able to continue to text the message after i have 160 characters, is that possible. what updates do i need to run. just any little facts and tid bits would be great. I know my way around the phone, lets say i am a freshman but i would love to know more. Thanks!

REd
    12-22-08 09:20 PM
    Welcome Red, the echo could be caused by your coverage in that area, or if it's often, could be your speaker...

Text only goes to 160 on CDMA, MMS is 1000, and BBM is unlimited.
    12-22-08 09:36 PM
    Frequently, an echo is caused by the *called* line, not the caller's line. Can you isolate it to a specific called number or someone with a specific provider? You didn't mention headsets so I presume this isn't the case, but Bluetooth headsets sometimes cause echo problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 09:59 PM
    Welocome to the Crack. All hail the mighty Curve

12-22-08 10:02 PM
    Welcome aboard!

12-22-08 10:09 PM
    I think the echo is your speaker phone kicking in for a quick few seconds. I have the same problem W/ my curve. Not sure on texting

But 4.5 os is what your going to want to update there are threads about it just search for them

12-23-08 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD