im getting my torch swapped due to a loose front part of the slider. ive done a backup of the phone, will i still have the themes and apps ive bought from mobihand on my new handset or will i lose these??
    12-10-10 02:11 PM
    You should have them if you did a full back up correctly. As well as mobihand should allow you to redownload anything you purchase again if needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 02:24 PM
    Oh good yeah I did a backup using desktop manager so all should be good. Thanks

12-10-10 02:33 PM
    Back up your apps using bbsak.

12-10-10 03:14 PM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard or the top menu on DM 6 > Switch Device.

Sliders have their downsides.

12-10-10 03:30 PM
    cant do the deivce switch beacuase i will only have the one device as i have to give the old one back as i get the new one..its a swap via orange so the courrier will take my old one away. have done the back up just hope that works aha
    12-10-10 03:39 PM
    I'm with o2 in the uk when I needed to replace my old 9000 with a new one they kindly let me keep the old phone so I could use the device switch wizard maybe if you ask?

12-10-10 03:56 PM
    Device switch wizard works well.

12-10-10 03:57 PM
    It works well if he has old phone...

12-11-10 08:31 AM
    How is the courrier going to take away the old device immediately? Have they already sent you a package to put the old one in? What sort of courrier is it?

You could always have your computer on, run it through the first part of the wizard where it copies files from your old device before the courier gets there. Then let it sit there just like that until you get your new device and let it do its' thing at that point. I've never done it that way but I'd be surprised if it didn't work...

Whatever you do, make sure you wipe the device before the courrier takes it away so it doesn't have your personal info on it...
    12-11-10 09:05 AM
    With a replacement phone orange send a guy with a sealed bag with my new phone in. He gives me that and I give him my old handset annd he puts that's in a sealed bag and takes it away. So the swap happens in person. Its all done. He waited while I did a full back up and then immediatly put the backup on my new handset. Its all back to normal and could redownload all previously paid and free apps again without paying again. Hopefully this one doesnnt wobble loose like the old one. Put .337 straight on it aswell I love my torch aha

12-11-10 01:50 PM
    *also didn't have time to wipe but I removed my email from it which a lot of things are linked to and I was informed that orange wipe it regardless upon reciept of old handset

12-11-10 01:51 PM
    With a replacement phone orange send a guy with a sealed bag with my new phone in. He gives me that and I give him my old handset annd he puts that's in a sealed bag and takes it away. So the swap happens in person. Its all done. He waited while I did a full back up and then immediatly put the backup on my new handset. Its all back to normal and could redownload all previously paid and free apps again without paying again. Hopefully this one doesnnt wobble loose like the old one. Put .337 straight on it aswell I love my torch aha

That sounds like a truly ridiculous way to do business for them. I mean for them to not allow time to do a wipe is uncalled for. You could have connected it to your PC and ran JL_cmder to wipe the device which would have been quick.

I just can't believe they'd do it that way... I mean regardless if they wipe it or not, the courrier, or someone at the refurb center or what they use could still see your personal data. Not that they could necessarily do anything with it but that's not really the point...
    12-11-10 01:58 PM
    Can't fault them with a 18 hour turn around from initial phone call to new phone. Should of wiped it before he turned up tbh.

12-11-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD