I have an unlocked BB 8320 curve serviced through T-mobile. Apparently, when I got my BB it did not have BB messenger on it , but all my friends have and use it and I can't get it downloaded when I go to BB site... its not available. I saw in another thread about a data plan......what is a data plan and what is OS and OD???? I'm so confused.....can someone fill me in and help me get BB messenger downloaded to my BB PLEAZ!!!!
    Thanks!!
    05-09-09 02:37 AM
    A Data Plan is a feature that you add to your account with your phone carrier. A BlackBerry specific Data Plan is required in order to get BB Messenger.

A Data Plan is what allows you to access all the associated DATA features with the device such as push email, internet, data applications, downloading data, etc. Since you have the 8320, you can access some limited things through WiFi, but BBM is not one of those things. In order access ANY BlackBerry data features, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan.

You can contact your carrier for the data options offered.

And OS mean Operating System. It's the software that runs your phone (similar to Window OS or Mac OS).
    05-09-09 06:51 AM
    you will have to add approximatley $30/month for the bb data to your current phone. At least that is Sprint's gimmick
    05-09-09 07:08 AM
    You can install BB messanger with the desktop manager, add/remove programs. Its part of the OS so you don't need to download it.
    05-09-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD