ARM and NVIDA have both today released there newest and best chips for tablets, PC's and mobile devices. The ARM chip is supposed to be 10 times faster then the previous unit which is found in such phones as the Samsung Galaxy S2. The NVIDA chip is supposed to be super efficient on power usage, kinda like cylinder cuts on a vehicle. When not needed the chip will cut the number of pieces in usage saving power.

Could we see one of these chips in a new BBX phone or would it be the second generation of BBX phone or tablet that we see these in? I have a NVIDA chip in my computer and it does great work, if this new one can save power. Maybe having a slim phone like the 9900 wont be a bad thing if the chip can make the battery last to BB standards.

What does everyone else think?
    11-09-11 11:49 PM
    Its a great idea, especially because RIM is working on next-gen. If this goes in, we can have a device even Apple lovers respect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 12:06 AM
    I agree, but I don't think you will see them swapping out current chips in 9900's for these. Now bbx you may have a chance of seeing these.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 12:07 AM
    I agree, but I don't think you will see them swapping out current chips in 9900's for these. Now bbx you may have a chance of seeing these.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    True. It can give a grand release!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 12:25 AM
    I feel like the chips in the bbx phones will most likely be a dual core snapdragon chip and rim will continue to use snapdragon chips for a while. It seems like once rim finds a vendor for hardware they try to stick with them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD