Hi all

I am planning to move to Canada. I would like to use my GSM blackberry 9360 and thinking of getting Rogers Pay as you go and add a 60MB BB plan. I mainly use my BB for email, but I have twitter, social feeds and bb map installed. I normally use voice 2 or 3 times a month for a few minutes and send 2 to 5 sms per month. I used to call IDD every 3 months, but I am willing to give it up. Anybody have a better carrier suggestion?

prysm
    10-09-12 10:29 PM
    You don't really have much of a choice in Canada. Unless you're going to live in (and never leave) Toronto, your only real choices are Rogers and Bell/telus. Both have very similar rates. Rogers has more overall coverage, but smaller 3G coverage.
    10-09-12 10:52 PM
    I am also planning to get a dedicated internet broadband for home use. Would it be cheaper for me over all if I just get unlimieted tethering service for my BB and Macbook?
    10-09-12 11:25 PM
    Stay away from Rogers as far as internet is concerned, they're a complete catastrophe.
    10-10-12 07:45 AM
    I did not know there is such a thing as best carrier in Canada. lol. One big rip off if you ask me.
    hpjrt likes this.
    10-10-12 07:51 AM
    I am also planning to get a dedicated internet broadband for home use. Would it be cheaper for me over all if I just get unlimieted tethering service for my BB and Macbook?
    Ae you talking wired Internet? If so you're usually pretty limited depending on where you live. Bell offers DSL as do a handful of smaller companies. Rogers offers cable Internet in major centres, and some smaller companies offer cable in smaller centres. You usually only have 2 choices though: 1 DSL provider, 1 cable provider.
    10-10-12 07:53 AM
    Using rogers with the 6gb $30 plan and its ok. I bridge to playbook for real time traffic on magellan compass
    10-10-12 07:55 AM
    Rogers has a no commitment month to month BlackBerry Plan for around $27 a month. I found the link. The price shows $36.75 with all fees.

http://promo.orderrogers.ca/valueplan/en/

As for unlimited tethering/internet on a cell phone, I don't think that is offered in Canada on new activations.

You can sometimes get a discount on the cell phone if you have the internet with the same company, but probably not off the cheaper plan I mentioned above and I think it is usually 10-15% off.
    10-10-12 08:19 AM
    Actually so much depends upon where in Canada you're planning on living. Where I live, the choices for "high speed" are limited to a wireless company [local] and a satellite company. The cable companies don't come down far enough on my road to be available. I imagine that availability of services varies slightly from province to province ... area to area.

If, however, you are moving to a more urban centre, the above comments are very correct. Not a lot of choice in Canada!
    10-10-12 09:19 AM
    If you live in their service area Rogers is the best for High Speed Internet & LTE.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    10-10-12 10:10 AM