At the end of March, the Bluetooth SIG unveiled the specifications for Bluetooth version 2.1. With improved pairing and lower power consumption, it will continue to make our lives with our BlackBerry devices easier. Bluetooth technology is shipping today at a rate of over 13 million devices per week. Bluetooth 2.1 is only at the specs level, it's v2.0 available at the moment.

Bluetooth 2.0 was specified in November 2004 and is backward-compatible with 1.x. The main enhancement was the introduction of an enhanced data rate of 3.0 Mbps. When using a Bluetooth headset paired with your BlackBerry, v2.0 will bring you the following advantages:

- Three times faster transmission speed
    - Lower power consumption
    - Simplification of multi-link scenarios due to more available bandwidth

Basically the main idea is that because the headset is able to burst two to three times more data in a transmission, it is able to sleep longer between transmissions. This has a dramatic effect on the battery life.

Here for pretty illustrations
    Bluetooth.com | Core Specification v2.1 + EDR
    Last edited by Berryman; 04-09-07 at 04:44 PM.
    04-09-07 04:41 PM
    Thanks for posting this, Berryman. Nice to this arrive
    04-09-07 10:04 PM
    At the end of March, the Bluetooth SIG unveiled the specifications for Bluetooth version 2.1. ..............

Will it send my address book from the Berry to my Nav system on my car? I still can't get this to work (I have an 8700g running 4.1.??).
    04-09-07 10:20 PM
    I have an 8830 and wish to connect both my in-car Motorola HF850 BT speaker phone AND my Holux GPSSlim240 at the same time. I thought the 8830 BT version supported multiple connections, but I have to disable one to connect to the other, and vise-versa. Is this accurate or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks
    08-08-07 06:51 AM
    I think since it's a 'voice' connect, you have to do it that way...
    08-08-07 07:52 AM
    "Voice Connect" must be some type of connection protocol I assume, and I guess you are saying that the 8830, or BT in general, can only support a single connection for each type (Data, Voice, etc.). If I am mistaken, please let me know and thanks for your response

Lancer
    08-08-07 08:19 AM
    know anything about connecting BB to a Mac?
    11-01-07 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD