Hello all!

As of right now I have the iPhone 3G and I'm definitely not loving it. I've been wanting to switch to Blackberry for FOREVER now but I was given the iPhone for free so I put off the Blackberry. I've used it for months now and I'm ready to switch. My question is, because I'm new to Blackberry, which one should I start with? I have AT&T and I'm not trying to spend a fortune if possible until later on if I love Blackberry. I wanted to try either the Curve or Bold, I'm not big on touchscreen so that factor does not matter whether it has one or doesn't (I know the Bold 9900 has one). So if you all could give me some input on experiences and opinions I would love it!

Thanks for the help!
    11-11-11 05:51 PM
    The 9900 is a great device. Only reason I haven't bought one is the complaints about the battery. I am an extended battery person.

The curve's are a entry level device and I feel as if you do get one you'll want the bold later down the line because it is their flagship device.

So long story short get the best of the best. The bold is a beast with the best keyboard on any blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    tkwolf likes this.
    11-11-11 05:57 PM
    Hello all!

As of right now I have the iPhone 3G and I'm definitely not loving it. I've been wanting to switch to Blackberry for FOREVER now but I was given the iPhone for free so I put off the Blackberry. I've used it for months now and I'm ready to switch. My question is, because I'm new to Blackberry, which one should I start with? I have AT&T and I'm not trying to spend a fortune if possible until later on if I love Blackberry. I wanted to try either the Curve or Bold, I'm not big on touchscreen so that factor does not matter whether it has one or doesn't (I know the Bold 9900 has one). So if you all could give me some input on experiences and opinions I would love it!

Thanks for the help!
    i'll make a youtube video for you , - i'll list features that you can accomplish w/ a blackberry , + note , its a 9900 i'm using . it'll be linked in a couple days for you through this forum thread
    11-11-11 06:04 PM
    Thank you! I was thinking the same thing, to just go for a Bold to start.

And I'll be sure to watch it thanks!
    11-11-11 06:10 PM
    9810 is really good also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 06:46 PM
    welcome , i'm uploading to youtube right now . its sitting at 24% , 425,xxx KB . but ill give you some background info i forgot to mention : mass media hd so you can hook up to your tv and play your videos or songs , 8GB internal built in , you can just buy a 16gb or a 32gb if you need more memory . 5mp "always in focus , not great for night but great for daytime ] + hd recorded , battery isnt great , but if on 2G makes a big difference . 3g+ is when you are online or any flash site embedded videos it runs html5 like the iphone . you can also upload to your blackberry avi mp4 3gp mp3 files so you can watch on the go .

i'd recommend emodio , [ EmoDio Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Samsung program. ] drag the mp3 files on , select all or any file anytime , changing artist , title , album and cd album art , and its automatically converts on your file .

and buy bebuzz , you can change the blinker on the blackberry to whatever color you want for your contacts . to purple , white , blue , yellow , etc .. alot of combinations to make knowing who called or notifications alot easier w/out checking your phone to make sure you didn't miss a call or something ] + the blinker is your friend ^_^)
    11-11-11 06:46 PM
    If you want to go cheap, go for the Curve series, they are Rim's entry level device. Keep in mind that this device will perform well but to get a true understanding of RIM's complete power I'd say go with the 9900. At the moment I have a 9800, I have also had previous phones (8130, 8800, 9000, 9780) I can say that I have had an extremely pleasent experience with all devices. The other day I was having a play on the bold 9900 and my lord I was extremely impressed!

So in short, if you want to see what BB is like get a curve, I would suggest getting a bold 9900 though if you wanna see what RIM is capable of!
    11-11-11 06:48 PM
    going w/ a the beginners model , omg , thats like saying to myself i'm downgrading my standards haha .. just 9900 for me now , i love it more than i did my 9800 even if it had a slider .. too bad the 9810 didn't have black , or id have the 9810 as my back up .. but 9900 suits me very well and its so freaking thin
    11-11-11 06:56 PM
    ENJOY [YT] [/YT]
    11-11-11 08:02 PM
    If you are using At&t there are many options now (finally)...
    The Torch 9810 is nice for the slider lovers, for those who want a "playphone" the Torch 9860 Blackberry is a good horizontal device.. but i think the best option right now is the Blackberry Bold 9900, it's a great Blackberry and i really like it, i recommend you to get the new Bold.

If you are using At&t you can also buy unlocked used device for a cheaper price and use it with your SIM card.
    11-12-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD