Hello everyone,

I'll start by commending this web site, it has tons of great information and I learned a lot in the past 4 days.

I am ready to pull the plug on AT&T 9700 (eligible for upgrade, family plan). I am not a heavy 'Texter' and I am only going into this because the majority of phones you can upgrade to today requires some sort of a "minimum data/text plan", so I decided I'll go with the big ticket.
    Another reason is that I really need a PDA. This is not going to be a work-paid phone, but I do have tons of work contacts (and personal contacts of course) that I'd like to keep in one place.

My question is regarding the address book in these devices:

Is there a way to 'separate' address into different groups/categories so that I don't see all of them at the same time? For example - separate work from personal in some way.

Thanks in advance.
    03-09-10 01:36 PM
    Yes you can filter your contacts in to a personl or work group
    03-09-10 01:49 PM
    You can also create additional filters in your address book that are more specific. For example, I've got two jobs, and I've got contacts for both of them in my BB, so I created two filters, one with each job name so that I could label the contacts that way as well.
    03-09-10 01:53 PM
    Yes you can filter your contacts in to a personl or work group
    You can also create additional filters in your address book that are more specific. For example, I've got two jobs, and I've got contacts for both of them in my BB, so I created two filters, one with each job name so that I could label the contacts that way as well.
    Thank you both.

So you can basically create as many filters as you want?
    Also, is it a quick switch between groups, or do you need to go through a long list of setup menus/sub-menus?
    03-09-10 02:18 PM
    Sorry I am not gonna answer that because I don't know but I've found it nice for e-mails.
    03-09-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD