Okay, so I'm making the big switch from the Iphone 4 too the blackberry community. Since I want to get rid of my iphone asap I started looking into a few types. First I narrowed it down to either the curve or bold. Then decided I want the Bold. BUT, heres where it starts to get crazy. I don't want to buy 9700 because I know that the 9780 will end up coming out weeks after to att. So I was going to buy an old cheap bb until that comes out. Then i realized old Blackberrys don't have 3g. So basically I need to know this:

When is the 9780 suppose to come out for att or are we still waiting about that?
    what is the oldest curve/bold that has 3g?
    if i got the the new curve 3g, why would it be labeled hereas only having edge?
    12-09-10 01:10 AM
    The 9300 Curve does have 3G and Edge both, so that wouldn't be a problem, really. The oldest 3G GSM BlackBerry that you might find available is likely the 9000 Bold, which at this early part of the morning was the first of the line with 3G.

Release of the 9780 is heavily anticipated, but I suspect (my guess) it won't be seen until late January or February.

Coming from an iPhone, I would seriously either get the Bold over the Curve line, as you would probably find the Curve somewhat lacking, although you are used to lack of flash. But, if you want to move up to the 9780 later, resale on the 9000 will be better than a Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dabesdiabetic likes this.
    12-09-10 03:39 AM
    If you like the iPhone4, you might also like the 9800 for it's touchscreen or just bigger screen in general versus the other BB models. Just a thought.
    12-09-10 06:30 AM
    If you like the iPhone4, you might also like the 9800 for it's touchscreen or just bigger screen in general versus the other BB models. Just a thought.
    After 5+ years with BlackBerry I decided to get an i4. Nice device, no complaints, but I wanted to try a 9800. Ive had mine for about four days now and absolutely love it. Since your seeking advice, I advise you also to consider a 9800, no drop off at all from the i4. The 9800s battery life is slighly less though.
    frogpants likes this.
    12-09-10 07:03 AM
    well the 9700 is now out of stock on the web so I'd say soon but then again they could be waiting even longer so who knows.
    12-09-10 08:06 AM
    9780 already out you can get it from att or ebay
    get 9000 also you can find used in ebay
    i have 9700 unlock look brand new if you want to trade on your iphone...
    12-09-10 09:55 AM
    Awesome. Some good things to consider, thanks everyone.
    12-09-10 11:37 AM
    9780 already out you can get it from att or ebay
    get 9000 also you can find used in ebay
    i have 9700 unlock look brand new if you want to trade on your iphone...
    I know a leaked one went on ebay, but I don't see the phone on blackberry.com or the att website.
    12-09-10 11:53 AM
    It'll be interesting......I love my Bold 9650. Shifting my wife to a smartphone in the next 6 months or so. Would love to see her on a BB (for BBM), but we're waiting to see if VZW gets an iPhone any time soon. I will use that as a way for me to see if I would like that over my BB, which I doubt.
    12-09-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD