So...a product no one outside of an extremely select few wants to buy made by a company whose brand is all but dead to the general buying public is going to be a big success? Sure, ok.
    this thread is an excellent example of crackberry logic
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-31-16 04:49 PM
    PKB would only make a comeback, IMO, if Apple suddenly decided it was cool.

The chances of that happening are slim and none, and slim left town.
    Agreed. Apple made the effort to make a glass slab phone look and seem like the best thing anyone could ever hope to own, and it would take a similar effort to promote a PKB phone. Samsung would be the only other OEM who could do it, IMO.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-31-16 04:53 PM
    this thread is an excellent example of crackberry logic
    It's not quite there yet... it needs someone to suggest that BB partner-up with a bigger player so that BB can spend their money and use their marketing muscle to make a success of this PKB phone... so that BB will benefit.

Hey, what if BB partners up with Samsung to build this PKB phone!!!
    10-31-16 04:58 PM
    kim k fans could not care less if she uses a bb. In fact Drake and some rappers uses bbs but you don't see their fans buying bb because of them.
    Several people keep bringing this up, I have to ask who in their right mind would buy a phone or anything else because it was promoted by Kim K?

Also for SBULLETT46, I feel for you man. You must really love your wife.
    Ronindan likes this.
    10-31-16 05:57 PM
    Several people keep bringing this up, I have to ask who in their right mind would buy a phone or anything else because it was promoted by Kim K?

Also for SBULLETT46, I feel for you man. You must really love your wife.
    You have no idea...lol
    10-31-16 06:00 PM
    I love the BlackBerry virtual keyboard, would not ever consider a PKB,after using it. It would be a mistake for BlackBerry To invest more money for the very few that would actually purchase a phone just for the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 06:53 PM
    I love the BlackBerry virtual keyboard, would not ever consider a PKB,after using it. It would be a mistake for BlackBerry To invest more money for the very few that would actually purchase a phone just for the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Sad but true. I just purchased a new Priv last month, and though its pkb is inferior to the pkb on my Q10, it's still usable for me. The vkb on the Priv is so good that I use the vkb 99% of the time. But the pkb is superior for cranking out long emails.

If there'll be a new fixed pkb BlackBerry, I'm sure I'll get that one as well. My first smartphone was the Nokia N900 running the Maemo OS. It had a slide out landscape pkb. I've always wished BlackBerry would come out with a landscape slideout pkb, but the Priv is a close second for me. Nothing comes close to a pkb for long text input where accuracy is the priority.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 09:55 AM
    The PKB is an outdated concept. If bb had realized this when Apple made the pivot into capacitive touchscreens, they may not be in the predicament they are in today. Touchscreens by their very nature require less maintenance, less physical strength (remember "blackberry thumb" strain injuries) and are more feature rich. There is a reason no other device maker manufactures PKBs any longer. No one wants them. The world has moved on. Blackberry, however, with its stubborn DNA regardless of CEO, failed to recognize and adapt to the death of PKBs. Hence, they are now almost out of the device business.

Steve Jobs was known as a ruthless tyrant of a leader but one of his more admirable qualities was that he would often change the direction of the company on a whim, when he realized they were going down the wrong path. In short, he had "balls". Tim Cook, not so much, which is why Apple seems to be on a slow downward path at the moment. Bb has always lacked balls and only acted when it was far, far too late.

I would be shocked if Mercury sees the light of day. Chen may be a joke in the hardware space but even he will not keep throwing good money after bad.
    11-01-16 10:40 AM
    I'm the biggest fan of PKB, I only buy PKB Blackberrys, but OP is wrong
    11-01-16 12:30 PM
    Joao

You nailed it.

Peace Out

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 12:58 PM
    It took two years after release to make OS 10 usable.
    Lol I don't know if I would say all that. it surely had its problems when it was first released but I don't think that swayed people away from the PKB. Classic still wasn't a success

Do you believe that another try, this time with Android, is going to yield different results?

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 01:59 PM
    My wife makes me watch kardashians. Kim K was rocking her BB last night for everyone to see. I think if BB had some better marketing, a PKB would make a come back!
    PKB is dead. Dead dead. They should stop making them. I think it is too late but if they want to keep head above water, they need to start building hub for other platforms, not just their own android phones. Finally they started that with androids. Next should be Iphones and Ipads. Their email client sucks ***. They need to make BBM available on all platforms and not one or another. For example. If I want to keep my z30 but would like to have an iphone as well or even Priv at the same time or ... you get the idea. Why I can't sign on each with a same ID? If it is design, then no wonder noone is using it (beside us). Why? They have problem ppl having 5 BB devices? Why don't they make Blend(like) app for android BB?
    Can't help but wonder, do they really want to succeed or they pretend they do?
    11-02-16 06:49 AM
    BlackBerry can make the best phone out there with the best specs etc etc. Won't mean much since this company is ad adverse. Marketing is not being done therefore phones are not being sold. Period. I prefer PKB and would consider a classic like Android device by BlackBerry. And I have a lot of friends who miss their PKBs. But without any marketing or publicity, forget it.
    11-02-16 07:20 AM
    At this stage of the game and with all the missteps and all their promotion of being a "software company" now, I don't think it would be a big success as it could have been, had they released the Mercury instead of the PRIV. At this point, I think they will see some good numbers, seeing as how that's the form factor people like the most from them. A lot of time/money was misused on form factors no one asked for...
    11-02-16 08:37 AM
    BlackBerry can make the best phone out there with the best specs etc etc. Won't mean much since this company is ad adverse. Marketing is not being done therefore phones are not being sold. Period. I prefer PKB and would consider a classic like Android device by BlackBerry. And I have a lot of friends who miss their PKBs. But without any marketing or publicity, forget it.
    This is so true. I have talked to at least 5 people (huge case study I know) that are looking to upgrade phones. I mentioned the new dtek and they had no idea what I was talking about follow by blackberry still sells phones?

It's a shame because I do think there is a place for PKB devices again. My fingers move much faster on glass but accuracy is horrible and maybe it's me but I just can't slow down. With a PKB though, I'm forced to type "slightly" slower with much better accuracy.

I wish blackberry had kept its eye on the prize with BB10. If all native apps were available and they focused on updating 1 phone with two models released every year or two years, they would be in a much better place.

People want innovation. Which is what Apple had with Jobs. Like Microsoft is doing now. BB used to be innovative. Now they are just trying to be everyone else. Until they flip their script and stop trying to please everyone and copy everyone, they will never redefine their company and culture. Catering to a market segment is easy and lazy. Creating your own market creates loyalty.

Just my $.02.
    11-02-16 10:09 AM
    I think that if Blackberry where to make a new Blackberry with QWERTY keyboard it would be a big success and they would sell a lot of cell phones and mostly toward the business people out there.
    I have my own blog and when I wrote a piece about Blackberry Passport it got a great impact on my blog. There was almost 400 people who read about that phone and normally I get maybe 13 persons who read my new posts. That's a big difference and it shows how big the interest for that kind of cell phone really is.
    What do you think? Am I right about that many consumers wants a cell phone with a great keyboard?
    Nope. People will go where the ecosystem is, no matter the keyboard. It's either iOS or Android and that's it. The belief that BB will release one new phone with a great keyboard (when the vast majority of the world has moved on to virtual keyboards and won't look back) and be back in style is silly.
    JeepBB and sbullet46 like this.
    11-02-16 03:51 PM
    I love my passport, but my Z10 was a pleasure to type on, miss that phone, apart from it's awful battery.

Swiped on my Passport!
    11-03-16 03:07 AM
    Here in the USA the PKB devices are all but extinct, most of the folks I know who would have bought a PKB device have long since adapted to their all touch device and are not looking back.

I would be in line to buy the Mercury PKB device if and when it's ever released, but the determining factor would be the price.

I have been a long time Blackberry supporter and ambassador of the brand here in the USA, but it's been very difficult to continue this loyalty when the folks up there in Waterloo have abandoned the market and users here.
    I think the American folks abandoned BlackBerry and BlackBerry just couldn't keep up with producing at a loss especially in that region, although they're to blame for not upgrading to market standards early enough. However, I still think people would love the pkb, they just ain't freaked about a BlackBerry device. Like someone mentioned, if Apple decides, that's the way to go, you'd still get long queues at launch, people willing to see what it's like before judging it whereas, they'd judge a BlackBerry device before even seeing it.. the DTEK60 looks a decent phone, I hope software updates would make it better and that it would do fairly well on the market too, if that could result in a gradual push by BlackBerry, it would be great. Only when BlackBerry sell a decent number of units can they really get heads to turn around again. I really wish the DTEK60 helps cos it's a very decent phone. If the other flagships are genuinely better than it, it's not by a large scale, considering its price. Regardless of the price, I think it handles what almost if not all other flagships do fairly well. It's a phone and not some tech device. Photos, calls, multitasking, gaming, etc are all handled well. Negative reports are mainly nothing but bias, especially considering that these extreme features are not an everyday thing. Eg camera.....its not a professional camera and to the naked eyes, the pics are good enough. You wouldn't know it's a BlackBerry shot if you ain't told.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:34 AM
    I think the American folks abandoned BlackBerry and BlackBerry just couldn't keep up with producing at a loss especially in that region, although they're to blame for not upgrading to market standards early enough. However, I still think people would love the pkb, they just ain't freaked about a BlackBerry device. Like someone mentioned, if Apple decides, that's the way to go, you'd still get long queues at launch, people willing to see what it's like before judging it whereas, they'd judge a BlackBerry device before even seeing it.. the DTEK60 looks a decent phone, I hope software updates would make it better and that it would do fairly well on the market too, if that could result in a gradual push by BlackBerry, it would be great. Only when BlackBerry sell a decent number of units can they really get heads to turn around again. I really wish the DTEK60 helps cos it's a very decent phone. If the other flagships are genuinely better than it, it's not by a large scale, considering its price. Regardless of the price, I think it handles what almost if not all other flagships do fairly well. It's a phone and not some tech device. Photos, calls, multitasking, gaming, etc are all handled well. Negative reports are mainly nothing but bias, especially considering that these extreme features are not an everyday thing. Eg camera.....its not a professional camera and to the naked eyes, the pics are good enough. You wouldn't know it's a BlackBerry shot if you ain't told.

Posted via CB10
    Americans didn't abandoned Blackberry, they will gladly buy a product if has the features and value they are looking for. Apple and Samsung provided those products and have been rewarded for it.

I have said this many times before, I remember when Americans bought Blackberries by the boatload and made the founding fathers very rich and the stock was $120.00 a share. They could have still been in the same position if they would have listened to what the consumer was asking for!!
    sbullet46, hplovecraft and shaleem like this.
    11-03-16 05:03 AM
    I agree BlackBerry lost it's way with phones not keeping up with competition. Playing catch up is tough, I am not sure if the young crowd 18 to 49 would want a physical keyboard, it's just us die hards who are hankering for one. Hence I don't see BlackBerry coming out with one anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:55 PM
    I'd buy it. I'd use it. I'd switch to another phone. I'd switch back to the PKB. It's a vicious cycle.
    11-03-16 07:25 PM
    The same thing was said before the Q10 was released, then before the Classic was released, then before the Q5, then before the Passport. It wouldn't be a big success outside of diehard pkb users, which are a very small minority.
    JeepBB and shaleem like this.
    11-04-16 06:21 AM
47 12