now that RIM has confirmed that the BB10 phones wont be released until the later part of 2012. Is there any new form factors coming out with OS7 until BB10 get released?
    12-22-11 08:55 AM
    Not sure about new form factors... i think the Bolds Curves and Torches can all run OS7 though right?
    12-22-11 10:12 AM
    I think OS 7 is done for now. The challenge is to make them last
    12-22-11 10:21 AM
    True. I'm eager to see what's coming. I love the Bold 9900 form factor, so let's see if RIM can make something similar or even better.
    12-22-11 11:09 AM
    The only form factors I can think of that they're not (or no longer) offering are flip phones and landscape sliders. While both have their small contingents of fans (myself being one of the latter), there doesn't seen to be enough excitement to make any of them a reality. Are there any other form factors you had in mind?
    12-22-11 12:41 PM
    i just want a torch on verizon
    12-22-11 12:46 PM
    I hope there isn't any more form factors coming out. They need to focus on the BB10 phones and the software side of things.

The only one I could justify is the flip form factor. But really, it's such a niche to have flips anymore.
    12-22-11 12:46 PM
    I would like to c a 9930 but take away the track pad and that row of buttons and add screen. After having the iPhone I don't feel a track pad is necessary. With that you could have a decent size screen and a great keyboard. That form factor and and app selection comparable to ios is the only way I would come back to bb!
    12-23-11 10:33 PM
    I fully expect a Pearl. Even if only with the T9 keyboard (for international use)

After that, maybe a full flip like the Style.

Maybe RIM will partner with a company (NintendoBerry DS Torch anyone??), but that would most likely be a BB10 device.

Eventually we may see more low/mid range updates/refreshes, as RIM continues to target the international markets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by grahamf; 12-24-11 at 01:57 AM.
    12-24-11 01:53 AM
    they have tons of form factors right now and the majority of people out there are telling RIM that they need to slim it down. they are saying that due to the fact that RIM can concentrate better on releasing 3 phones and keeping them up to date then they can with 6. if RIM somehow is able to make a BB10 for all six of their form factors and launch them at the same time and have them all up to date then all the power to them...but history has shown us that they can not.
    12-24-11 02:24 AM
    I doubt any new form factors but there are two 'refreshes' I'd almost bet on now. The 9900 with auto focus and better battery life. And the 9790 with HD video recording. Maybe more memory in both?
    Probably a refresh on some others too but I don't know them as well. They better start using that advertising money they're talking about. I hope so anyway. I like RIM products and want them to succeed.
    12-24-11 06:53 AM
    I would like to c a 9930 but take away the track pad and that row of buttons and add screen. After having the iPhone I don't feel a track pad is necessary. With that you could have a decent size screen and a great keyboard. That form factor and and app selection comparable to ios is the only way I would come back to bb!
    I believe the new touchscreen won't have a trackpad. Don't remember the slider, whether it did.

I do want a trackpad, I'd be unhappy if they didn't provide it. I like it better for selecting or hitting a particular link or field. Example....when putting in the user id name and password on this site....or if I'm looking for a particular poster's post history. I invariably hit the wrong spot unless I zoom...I'd prefer the precision of a trackpad.
    But hey....I'm told I'm a troglodyte for liking keyboards anyway...
    12-24-11 07:17 AM
    i just want a torch on verizon
    You mean a slider, yah? they've already got the 9850.
    12-24-11 07:20 AM
    I am pretty sure that the Bold 9790 and the Curve 9380 are the last OS7 Blackberry devices.

Now, RIM should focus and build new things for the BB10 upcoming devices and platform.
    12-24-11 07:53 AM
    Here's my thought. And it might even be beyond 2012. The 9810 screen seems to be popular. So, is the 9900 keyboard. How about a slider that combines a larger screen with the 9900 keyboard. Some have said that they think the 9900 is already too wide and large. But I'd bet they'd get used to the benefits of that combo very quickly. Along with the form factor, include electronics that could handle upgrading to BB10 when it's available.
    12-24-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD