Hello Crackberry this is my first thread, first post, and last but not least my official first blackberry which is the Q-10!! I finally arrived. I will try to make this post brief as possible as I can and not make it a long post. I have been lurking this website for atleast the past 3 years but since I bought my first BB 2 weeks ago, I decide to finally join this site!! Well all my phone life I been a Nokia fan from 02 til this day. I been an on and off Blackberry fan for about 6 years. The first time I held and played with a BB was sometime back in 09. I had a cousin from Las Vegas that came and visit me and he was using a trackball blackberry. Anyway he was using it as a temporary phone until his TMO G1 phone was fixed. He didn't know how to handle it so he gave it to me to play with. I didn't really read the book I just surfed around and realized how easy it was and how great the phone was. So I gave him a few cool ringtones and some apps here and there. And he turned out to like it now that I customized it. But I haven't seen him since so I don't know if he actually continued to use it which I won't be surprised due to this Android monopoly.

Another story, about a year later my mom needed a new phone. She got some generic touch screen phone and I don't remember the company. I guess it was an LG. She took it back and I talked her into a BB. Customize the phone for her and she loved it. She had it for maybe a year and a half or 2, it went out and now she just has a regular dumb-down Nokia phone. The only phone I went out to before a BB was this LG scoop phone which was the worst phone I ever had!! I went back to my Nokia phone for about 5 years max. With Nokia moving to Microsoft and not producing anymore PKB phones I decided to try out something new. And what do you know?? I chose Blackberry. I always said to myself that if I ever was going to leave Nokia, then BB would be my go to #1 choice.

I never owned an Android, but I played with it numerous times to know it is not for me at all. My GF has a Galaxy S3 and her battery life is terrible!! I always thought that Android was overrated and was forced down to people's throats. I refuse to use a smartphone that has terrible battery life. I don't care about the coolest phones or coolest apps. I'm not a big social media or app junkie. All I need is the bible, poker apps, GPS, browsers, and that's it. What I need for my phone is to be reliable, durable, productive, and last but not least BATTERY LIFE!! I need my phone to last a long time and Nokia and Blackberry does exactly just that!! Provides great battery life which is very important to me. I've seen so many times coworkers of mine with iphones and androids hugging every outlet in the building while I smirk my face with great battery still going on.

In conclusion. The BB Q-10 is very very nice!! I ordered it from Amazon and somehow someway got the Arabic version which I don't understand why. But of course I just put it into english. I updated the software to 10.3.1, got all the amazon and Google play store. The battery life is amazing!! I get 1.5 to 2 days with easy light use. I'm not a big hardcore user all I do is text, call, poker games, and very little wifi from time to time. But I have most of my internet usage on my laptop/HDTV. I'm looking forward to my journey with BB for years to come, their phones are so underrated for me and its refreshing to try something new. Q-10 is my current phone for now and I retired my Nokia E5 for now, but will use that as a back up phone and get a newer Nokia E6 to use as a back up phone as well in case something weird goes on with the Q10. I'm not going to give up on Nokia based off they're my first phone brand. I had so much memories with them and I still have a place in my heart for the brand. It is very very possible I will buy a WP10 Nokia in the future. But it depends on the size of the phone because I hate super large phones smh. Right now I'm enjoying this Q10 and hope they come out with something similar. I also tried the Classic which is really really nice. I thought about that one, but the phone was just a tad too much big. So I figured to get the smaller phone Q10 and update the software.

Anyway crackberry welcome me to this board and I will be asking for advice if need be. Keep up the good work and I'm enjoying the new phone I'm satisfied!! Hope to see more BB's like this Q10.
    05-12-15 05:12 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Welcome and enjoy!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 05:28 PM
    You made a good choice in purchasing the Q10. The Q10 is my daily driver now, I enjoy the portability of the device. Welcome to the crackberry forums.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 05:36 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 05:40 PM
    Welcome! Good try on making things brief lol

Posted via CB10
    jacwib likes this.
    05-12-15 05:58 PM
    Hey there , fellow CrackBerrian and welcome !

That was one heck of an Initial post !

Enjoy your Q10 !
    05-12-15 06:33 PM
    Well done, enjoy. Was wondering if your 1100 still rocks? Sorry about it, you said Nokia and of course, that's the image that comes up with me, can't believe that had to sell to Microsoft. They could've done much better. I still have a 3120 lying around, don't know which house, but should still work. Anyway, we'll done and the community as very much open here. Discussion and any problems you might encounter can always find answers here. Good luck and welcome to Crackberry

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    05-12-15 09:54 PM
    Welcome for Crackberry and to the world of BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:02 PM
    Welcome. Just like you I feel Android is forced down my throat because before the provider will only give you iOS or Android to choose from. If you went in a store and ask for BlackBerry they would look down on you and give you a hard time with their tactics until you change your mind to switch over to iOS or a Samsung phone.

There really wasn't a viable option when BlackBerry was in trouble 4 years ago. Now that the company is turning around positive and ever since I saw the Passport it changed my life. I felt miserable being on Android and couldn't get any thing done on the over hyped Nexus and Samsung phones. I took a gander and came back to Blackberry and I am so glad I did it because it made my phone experience a remarkable one. I'm more productive and happier on my Passport now then ever. Won't go back to Android ever again and if even BlackBerry stop making phones I would rather choose iOS over Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:33 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I always argued Nokia and BlackBerry gave reliable and affordable phone one can carry for years.

And Apple spoiled that with every year upgrade
    thymaster and Sulaco757 like this.
    05-12-15 11:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Nation, im sure you'll love BlackBerry phones just like me. Enjoy! #CrackBerryNation

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:58 PM
    Nice!

Welcome to CrackBerry! I had shifted from a Nokia E-series to BlackBerry as well!
    05-13-15 01:03 AM
    Well done, enjoy. Was wondering if your 1100 still rocks? Sorry about it, you said Nokia and of course, that's the image that comes up with me, can't believe that had to sell to Microsoft. They could've done much better. I still have a 3120 lying around, don't know which house, but should still work. Anyway, we'll done and the community as very much open here. Discussion and any problems you might encounter can always find answers here. Good luck and welcome to Crackberry

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    My 1100 was CDMA at the time I was with Alltel. My first Nokia was some thick phone with the antenna lol. Then got something else along with the E5 and E6. Now with BB Q10. Very good phone well job done from Berry.

Welcome. Just like you I feel Android is forced down my throat because before the provider will only give you iOS or Android to choose from. If you went in a store and ask for BlackBerry they would look down on you and give you a hard time with their tactics until you change your mind to switch over to iOS or a Samsung phone.

There really wasn't a viable option when BlackBerry was in trouble 4 years ago. Now that the company is turning around positive and ever since I saw the Passport it changed my life. I felt miserable being on Android and couldn't get any thing done on the over hyped Nexus and Samsung phones. I took a gander and came back to Blackberry and I am so glad I did it because it made my phone experience a remarkable one. I'm more productive and happier on my Passport now then ever. Won't go back to Android ever again and if even BlackBerry stop making phones I would rather choose iOS over Android.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah man its really a shame how the phone market is monopolized by 2 ecosystems. I miss the early 2000's phone market when it was a variety of phones such as Nokia, BB, Moto, Sony, LG, Samsung, and just many different phones with different styles. Now its IOS or Android. As a matter of fact, this is one of the reasons why I left the CDMA bandwagon in 10 to GSM so I can have the ability to swap my sim card to any GSM based phone. Now if BB was to die out I wouldn't jump on iOS or Android. I would go right to WP. Their OS is underrated and way more stable than Android and much better battery life. Plus WP10 is getting android apps.

Welcome to CrackBerry. I always argued Nokia and BlackBerry gave reliable and affordable phone one can carry for years.

And Apple spoiled that with every year upgrade
    Yes yes my old Nokia E75 that is hiding collecting dust in one of my closets can come out and work right now if I wanted.
    05-13-15 01:10 AM
    Bible and poker apps...? Hmm. Anyways I always loved my Nokia's!

ოო fяσм му мιgнту ραѕѕρσят ოო
    05-13-15 02:36 AM

Yeah I love poker and want to be pro one day lol.
    05-13-15 10:10 AM
    That was really brief as possible... I wonder how it long it would have been if you didnt decided to make it brief.....welcome to the winning team.

Posted via Z30 with a crappy OS10.
    05-13-15 12:05 PM

Thought so, too, haha...

If it's just viewed as a card game and no real cash involved... :-)

(I have some tame Roulette apps on the PlayBook, no cash! I'm just fascinated by numbers and probabilities, probably a geek thing)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-13-15 03:04 PM
    Welcome to cb bro...
    And same here...came from Nokia...and BlackBerry and nokia is still my fav brands.
    And with Q10, u have made the right choice. With 10.3.2, u r going to enjoy it more.
    And about your 1st post, aint so mountain so high

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 05:48 PM
    Welcome buddy. Blackberry is it.

After God you are your best friend. Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.500
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    05-13-15 06:01 PM
    Welcome to joining our lil circle
    05-13-15 06:07 PM
    Welcome

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    05-13-15 08:27 PM
    Welcome! A great device and solid all-round

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:31 AM
    Welcome and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:43 AM
    Nokia makes great hardware. Simplistic elegance. Would like to see bb10 on one.
    05-14-15 12:48 AM
    Hello Crackberry this is my first thread, first post, and last but not least my official first blackberry which is the Q-10!! I finally arrived. I will try to make this post brief as possible as I can and not make it a long post. I have been lurking this website for atleast the past 3 years but since I bought my first BB 2 weeks ago, I decide to finally join this site!! Well all my phone life I been a Nokia fan from 02 til this day. I been an on and off Blackberry fan for about 6 years. The first time I held and played with a BB was sometime back in 09. I had a cousin from Las Vegas that came and visit me and he was using a trackball blackberry. Anyway he was using it as a temporary phone until his TMO G1 phone was fixed. He didn't know how to handle it so he gave it to me to play with. I didn't really read the book I just surfed around and realized how easy it was and how great the phone was. So I gave him a few cool ringtones and some apps here and there. And he turned out to like it now that I customized it. But I haven't seen him since so I don't know if he actually continued to use it which I won't be surprised due to this Android monopoly.

Another story, about a year later my mom needed a new phone. She got some generic touch screen phone and I don't remember the company. I guess it was an LG. She took it back and I talked her into a BB. Customize the phone for her and she loved it. She had it for maybe a year and a half or 2, it went out and now she just has a regular dumb-down Nokia phone. The only phone I went out to before a BB was this LG scoop phone which was the worst phone I ever had!! I went back to my Nokia phone for about 5 years max. With Nokia moving to Microsoft and not producing anymore PKB phones I decided to try out something new. And what do you know?? I chose Blackberry. I always said to myself that if I ever was going to leave Nokia, then BB would be my go to #1 choice.

I never owned an Android, but I played with it numerous times to know it is not for me at all. My GF has a Galaxy S3 and her battery life is terrible!! I always thought that Android was overrated and was forced down to people's throats. I refuse to use a smartphone that has terrible battery life. I don't care about the coolest phones or coolest apps. I'm not a big social media or app junkie. All I need is the bible, poker apps, GPS, browsers, and that's it. What I need for my phone is to be reliable, durable, productive, and last but not least BATTERY LIFE!! I need my phone to last a long time and Nokia and Blackberry does exactly just that!! Provides great battery life which is very important to me. I've seen so many times coworkers of mine with iphones and androids hugging every outlet in the building while I smirk my face with great battery still going on.

In conclusion. The BB Q-10 is very very nice!! I ordered it from Amazon and somehow someway got the Arabic version which I don't understand why. But of course I just put it into english. I updated the software to 10.3.1, got all the amazon and Google play store. The battery life is amazing!! I get 1.5 to 2 days with easy light use. I'm not a big hardcore user all I do is text, call, poker games, and very little wifi from time to time. But I have most of my internet usage on my laptop/HDTV. I'm looking forward to my journey with BB for years to come, their phones are so underrated for me and its refreshing to try something new. Q-10 is my current phone for now and I retired my Nokia E5 for now, but will use that as a back up phone and get a newer Nokia E6 to use as a back up phone as well in case something weird goes on with the Q10. I'm not going to give up on Nokia based off they're my first phone brand. I had so much memories with them and I still have a place in my heart for the brand. It is very very possible I will buy a WP10 Nokia in the future. But it depends on the size of the phone because I hate super large phones smh. Right now I'm enjoying this Q10 and hope they come out with something similar. I also tried the Classic which is really really nice. I thought about that one, but the phone was just a tad too much big. So I figured to get the smaller phone Q10 and update the software.

Anyway crackberry welcome me to this board and I will be asking for advice if need be. Keep up the good work and I'm enjoying the new phone I'm satisfied!! Hope to see more BB's like this Q10.
    welcome and ask as MANY questions we're here to help, fellow Symbian-Freak

To be honest ... the E6 was trying to capture the luxury of a proper device that really began to hurt BB sales in Europe, especially the UK at the time with the Nokia E71 that was a REAL communicator in it's day and it had incredible performance, even WiFi when BB still had to release the Curve 8320 and didn't with 3G. Sad really. The E72 was even a better designed hardware with navi buttons and LOVED the continuation of the Trackpad having the notification white LED around the bezel. Sweet!

If you LOVED the Communicator Nokia lineup that bowed out with the E90 ... Look at upgrading to the Passport ... you'll wonder why this design was NEVER thought up of by Nokia beyond the E61/E62 models.

Either way, welcome to the fold.
    05-14-15 12:52 AM