Hello, just bought my first BlackBerry 8330 and I must admit I'm a bit intimidated by it's capabilities but I'll learn it in time. I have a question that maybe someone could help with. Every time I open my browser to surf the web it is very SLOW. Is there something I can change to make it faster or what would you suggest?
    Many thanks!
    01-06-10 09:42 AM
    your on edge data speeds so its going to be slow sorry
    01-06-10 09:54 AM
    Ugh figures! Do you think they will come up with an update for it or would I just have to get a newer phone? Sheesh and I thought I was catching up with technology....
    01-06-10 10:05 AM
    You could download and use a 3rd party browser like Opera Mini. I use the older version Opera Mini 4.2, and if you disable pictures from loading its a lot faster than the BB Browser.

Just do a google search for the OTA download.

Ugh figures! Do you think they will come up with an update for it or would I just have to get a newer phone? Sheesh and I thought I was catching up with technology....
    01-06-10 10:22 AM
    Bb browser is a quick browser. That's also why it was voted as the top mobile browser on crackberry. Your startup is probably slow because you are opening to a homepage that was set by your carrier with a lot of script. I changed my homepage to google.com and it loads quick because there is not a lot of things to load onto it. First you need to go to options on your phone and click on service books. Second, scroll and highlight one that says blackberry help!(Browser config). Now click the blackberry button. That is the one to the right of your talk button. There should be an option to delete. Go ahead and delete it. Now close out everything and open your browser. Click the blackberry button and scroll to options. Go to browser configuration and scroll down and change your homepage to Google. I have a 8330 and the internet works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 10:41 AM
    Hello, just bought my first BlackBerry 8330 and I must admit I'm a bit intimidated by it's capabilities but I'll learn it in time. I have a question that maybe someone could help with. Every time I open my browser to surf the web it is very SLOW. Is there something I can change to make it faster or what would you suggest?
    Many thanks!
    You can go into the Options and turn off javascript, make sure you have either low or medium image quality, and don't use background images. You can even turn off style sheets. These changes should help.

Your best improvement would be to use Opera Mini or BOLT. Many (except for the poster above me will agree the BB browser is a slug.
    01-06-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD