12-26-11 04:24 PM
42 12
tools
    Has anyone seen the new blackberrrry bold commercial with the glowing bikes?

I think it is awesome
    12-24-11 11:49 AM
    I didn't think it was that great. Sure, people will remember the glowing bikes, but they'll never remember what the product was. They should have used the time showing off the Bold; morph it into a race car or a rocket or anything. The point is, RIM made a great commercial for glowing bicycles.
    vrs626 likes this.
    12-24-11 12:01 PM
    yeah there's 2 other threads about it.
    Great commercial
    12-24-11 12:01 PM
    you mean this one?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pX5YsU8sir4#![/YT]
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    12-24-11 01:46 PM
    Nice commercial.....I wonder how a "glowing" bike would look,....Oh thats right it was a Blackberry Bold phone commercial...I almost forgot. IMO not enough emphasis on the Bold smartphone.
    chickenbaby likes this.
    12-24-11 02:02 PM
    Good commercial about being "bold". Now get more out about individual ways a BB makes your life better.
    12-24-11 02:20 PM
    That commercial makes the glowing bikes look more interesting than the Bold.

Hey this Bold has BBM... Oh yea? These bikes are all GLOWING! lol
    chickenbaby likes this.
    12-24-11 02:39 PM
    I didn't think it was that great. Sure, people will remember the glowing bikes, but they'll never remember what the product was. They should have used the time showing off the Bold; morph it into a race car or a rocket or anything. The point is, RIM made a great commercial for glowing bicycles.
    Not true. The whole point of the commercial was to create buzz. Even if people start talking about the glowing Tron-like bicycles, then that's still good marketing. Why? Because somewhere along the midst of everyone's talk of the glowing bikes, someone will say, "Hey, have you guys seen that Blackberry commercial with the glowing bikes?" And from that point on, people will say, "Ah, that's right, it's a BlackBerry commercial," and they will associate the "cool-ness" of the glowing bikes with the new BlackBerry.

It's simple memory-emotion association.

Nice commercial.....I wonder how a "glowing" bike would look,....Oh thats right it was a Blackberry Bold phone commercial...I almost forgot. IMO not enough emphasis on the Bold smartphone.
    The fact that there was LESS emphasis on the phone is what makes this commercial so great.

Good commercial about being "bold". Now get more out about individual ways a BB makes your life better.
    If information and facts about how something would make our lives better actually sell, then all RIM would have to do is send out mass text messages, emails, or heck, just make a damn commercial with nothing but a list of features/benefits. But unfortunately, that doesn't work, at least for the masses.

The simple fact that we are talking about the glowing bicycles and creating a buzz about it is enough evidence the commercial worked. And for those who saw the commercial who aren't CrackBerry addicts, this commercial is planting seeds... It's not just about one commercial, is about the culmination of different devices in their ad campaign...
    Last edited by jranciano; 12-24-11 at 02:43 PM.
    up488, mithrazor, batboris and 1 others like this.
    12-24-11 02:40 PM
    I would love to have my mountain bike glow like that! Wait, there was a BlackBerry in that commercial?
    12-24-11 03:46 PM
    I like the commercial, but I'm not sure it's as effective as it could be.

Not that I think RIM (or any company) should mimic what Apple does, but there's something to be said for simplifying the commercial and just showing the product and what it can do. Apple's iPhone and iPad commercials probably cost very little, yet are extremely effective. Mind you, if I never see another one of their commercials again - it won't be soon enough... I swear within an hour of TV viewing I will see an Apple commercial at least 5 times.
    12-24-11 04:02 PM

I think you're wrong. People will remember the glowing bikes (cool) and when the commercial plays again they'll want to know what it's all about...
    JR A likes this.
    12-24-11 04:16 PM
    I would trade my 9930 for a glowing bike...sike!
    12-24-11 04:29 PM
    Just saw the commercial during the football game, I wouldn't say it was great but it was nice to see BB on TV !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    12-24-11 05:13 PM
    Generic.

Could be a commercial for every messaging phone.
    12-24-11 05:16 PM
  15. T
    Yea, it's really cool! I just watched it ten times. I'll watch it some more. Notice the guy(s) aren't stressing a whole lot about the drizzle and water damage. That part is cool.
    12-24-11 05:39 PM
  16. T
    Notable moments:

1. A couple of the cans fall over. They're like people without BlackBerries: left behind.

2. The old guy. He's closing up shop and going to bed. He doesn't have a BlackBerry (or a bike).

3. At exactly 25 seconds, a red traffic control light appears for an instant over one of the rider's shoulders. It's then obscured by another rider. This momentary red light simulates the BlackBerry's blinking LED. Truly inspiring and terrific.
    JR A likes this.
    12-24-11 06:06 PM
    someone in marketing needs to be fired because that ad was stupid. No wonder BB is losing market share. Has anyone seen the Galaxy S 2 commercial called "the next big thing?" That is an excellent commercial by comparison. I saw no reason to want a bold in that spot...I just want to know where I can get a glowing bike!
    vrs626 likes this.
    12-24-11 08:47 PM
    I thought it was a pretty cool commercial.

Although I there is another commercial airing in Indonesia right now that I think is better. It showcases that the Bold is touch and type.
    12-24-11 09:02 PM
    The commercial has me more excited about the bikes than a phone. It doesn't talk about the phone at all. For the normal consumer, they'll think it's just another crappy bb. iPhone talks non stop about apps, Siri, and iCloud. Android talks about huge screens and 4g. Rimm talks about night bikes
    vrs626 likes this.
    12-24-11 11:45 PM
    I like the commercial and my wife likes the bikes but I think they need to have a slew of commercials or just 1 that plays a lot explaining augmented reality and bbm integration so people truly understand the commercial.

I first saw it around friends and was pumped and they didn't know why, I needed to spend time explaining it to them and then next time it came on they were more impressed with the feature.

12-25-11 09:08 AM
    Just saw this commercial a bunch of times during the Knicks vs. Celtics game! Awesome!
    12-25-11 03:01 PM
    I like the commercial, but I wish they would have shown off more of the features. For a non-Blackberry user it just looks like a cool glowing bike advertising another Blackberry that looks like all the rest of them.

They should have shown the features of the touchscreen, updated web browser, and NFC.
    12-25-11 03:34 PM
    Has anyone seen the new blackberrrry bold commercial with the glowing bikes?

I think it is awesome
    Yes, just saw it. Opening day for the NBA and BlackBerry is the official sponser...a Bold 9900 commercial at every break, which makes sense...the Bold 9900 is the only OS7 device that may be considered even remotely competitive in the U.S. cell phone market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 04:00 PM
    I really like this commercial, Even though its an old one... they should make more like this!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvOU7BxbNJ8&feature=related[/YT]
    12-25-11 04:05 PM
    Blackberry is getting a ton of exposure as the title sponsor of NBA Christmas Special and the Lakers vs Bulls is turning out to be a great game !!

12-25-11 06:25 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD