Hello everyone!

I just got a new curve 8330 yesterday and I think I am in love with this phone! Is that weird? I guess you could say that I'm on a Blackberry high....

I used to use a Palm Centro which I enjoyed, and for the record that phone is a tank. I also used a Samsung Instinct (sticks finger down throat!) which was the most horrible phone I have ever laid my hands on. Needless to say this BB is quite a relief from that Instinct.

Anyways...

My question is: What is the best way to put a newer BB OS on this device? Are there any limitations as far as what this phone can handle?

Did I mention that I am in love with this phone!!!
    07-17-09 06:35 PM
    Welcome! What OS do you have now?
    07-17-09 06:38 PM
    I'm not quite sure. Whichever comes with it. How do I check?
    07-17-09 06:44 PM
    I'm not quite sure. Whichever comes with it. How do I check?
    You can go to Options, then About. It will show you. Or you can press Alt Shift and H at once.
    Welcome to the habit! Careful, the addiction can be powerful: I am on my third BlackBerry since I converted just 10 months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 07:21 PM
    I know the feeling. I bought my first BB this past Sunday, a Tour. I have since bought two more for my wife.(an 8830 and then an 8830M we found the next day)
    07-17-09 07:35 PM
    I keep having trackball issues with my Pearl and and on my 3rd n just 9 months. Luckily due to this site I now know how to solve that problem now! WELCOME TO CRACKBERRY!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 07:42 PM
    Yes yes thank you. See that is the main reason why I waited so long to get a BB because I've heard so many stories of the trackball getting dirty but I've also read that it is pretty easy to clean. I was also told if you keep it in the sleeve then it will stay fairly clean. So only time will tell...

And my OS is: v4.5.0.131

And is updating the PRL that important?
    07-17-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD