I just bought a new 9810 to replace my 9800 and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to transfer all my BBM contacts using blackberry desktop. I don't suppose it's possible to transfer my actual PIN over to my new blackberry is there? Or am i going to have to request my friends on my BBM all over again? I'm also going to have to factory reset my 9800 cause I'm giving it to my sister, although i could probably figure that out, if someone knows how off the top of their head that would be great.

Outlook has all my actual phone contacts so thats not a big deal to transfer.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    09-14-11 12:46 PM
    do a backup of your bbm contacts to your sd card via the options then reload them on the new phone is the easiest.
    09-14-11 01:15 PM
    With Blackberry desktop software, you can backup your old device and then restore it on your new device.. This will transfer all your bbm's and update your pin to everyone o your list
    09-14-11 01:19 PM
    As posted above, Blackberry Desktop software is your solution.
    09-14-11 08:43 PM
    I'm on BES so it might be different - isn't there a "Switch Device" wizard in Desktop Manager that automatically does all this for BIS as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-15-11 08:32 AM
    I'm on BES so it might be different - isn't there a "Switch Device" wizard in Desktop Manager that automatically does all this for BIS as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    By just doing exactly what was mentioned above is the way to do this the easiest and as indicated it gives all your BBM conmtacts your updated or NEW PIN.
    09-15-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD