what are the chances that the new phones will still have the keyboard .... is it a done deal that it will be ONLY touchscreen
    04-17-12 04:23 PM
    First one will be all touch and it will be followed with the 'bold' style phone after number of months.
    04-17-12 04:26 PM
    RIM should do the opposite.I don't feel like waiting too much to have the keyboard on BB10 .
    What about the concept we saw on the blog?It looks amazing, I want something like that.It should be true lol.
    04-18-12 07:50 AM
    RIM should do the opposite.I don't feel like waiting too much to have the keyboard on BB10 .
    What about the concept we saw on the blog?It looks amazing, I want something like that.It should be true lol.
    a blackberry slider with at least a 4 inch screen sounds like heaven.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-18-12 07:53 AM
    a blackberry slider with at least a 4 inch screen sounds like heaven.
    This sounds good to me! We know a lot is riding on BB10 and the degree of difficulty in launching a new OS. But how is that a physical keyboard is suddenly beyond RIM? Who better than RIM?
    04-18-12 08:31 AM
    The problems RIM has to solve are software not hardware. They will very likely have both form factors out about the same time.

However, I strongly suspect both will need to have the same screen resolution. Although they probably won't need to have the same rotational aspect. For example, the full screen could be in portrait mode with say a 1:3 aspect. While the QUERTY model will be landscape with the same 1:3 aspect. This will be a design challenge but, I believe they will need to do that because of OS limitations.

A slider QWERTY would be the easiest of all and that may go that way with only one model. Of course the complaints of how think and heavy it is will be brutal.
    Last edited by jrohland; 04-18-12 at 08:59 AM.
    04-18-12 08:48 AM
    Only reason im with rim is for the keyboard, if I wanted a full touch screen id personally buy a android

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-18-12 08:54 AM
    I just hope by the time BB10 is released that the technology isn't outdated (OLD). I also think RIM should release an updated 99xx series as to correct a lot of problems with that BOLD (camera, battery ect) ....just my humble opinion
    04-18-12 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD