hey guys so i just got the new pearl from verizon and i was wondering if its possible to sync my schools webmail (i go to uconn) to my blackberry so that i get my school emails on my pearl?
    11-11-07 01:52 PM
    I believe you can configure this on your blackberry. Just go to email settings on the menu, select yes and I agree to terms and condition. Select create existing email account and type in your email address and password. If it is validated you will be all set to go. However if the blackberry is not able to locate your mailbox with the given email address and password you will then have to provide the user name and mail server address also... Good Luck
    11-11-07 03:09 PM
    how do i find out what the mail server address is?
    11-12-07 03:45 PM
    Standard wise it could be whatever that falls after the @ sign of your email addy... say for example for a Gmail account ([email protected]) it is pop.gmail.com... other possibilities u may try are pop3.gmail.com or mail.gmail.com (where gmail.com should be replaed by ur domain.com)... However the IT admin looking after the mail server would be the best people to know this...
    11-12-07 04:13 PM
    Alternatively, if your webmail allows you to do mail forwarding then u can create a new blackberry address on your device and enable mail forwarding to that blackberry address from the webmail...
    11-12-07 04:17 PM
    thanks alot for the help i think ill be able to figure it out now
    11-12-07 06:34 PM
    it uses IMAP, not pop does that mean i wont be able to do it
    11-12-07 06:43 PM
    you can configure imap accounts on blackberry.. usually the mail server is like mail.domain.com...
    11-12-07 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD