I just bought my BB last week and haven't activated it yet (waiting to make sure the used phone worked ok).
    1.I am on Verizon and they offer a $15 150MB data package or $29.99 unlimited data package. I have no idea what to go for. Suggestions? I am usually around a computer- but there have been times where I needed a computer, but no access.
    2.I seen you can connect to Wifi with a BB. If I connect to Wifi- does it go against my GB limit?

Thank you for your help! I think my smartphone is smarter than me- geez!
    01-15-11 04:27 PM
    150MB is basically nothing. Go for the unlimited at first, you should be able to downgrade later if you, by some freak coincidence, don't use 150MB.

If you're connected to WiFi, none of yer data use should count against yer VZW data plan usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 04:39 PM
    if you have a wifi phone then no it does not use your data plan, most offer you the ability to change your plan as you need to, I don't use much data, and 150 would probably do me. If you are going to do much youtube or picture sending then may not be enough. kinda strange they offer basically all or nothing.
    01-15-11 04:45 PM
    I just bought my BB last week and haven't activated it yet (waiting to make sure the used phone worked ok).
    1.I am on Verizon and they offer a $15 150MB data package or $29.99 unlimited data package. I have no idea what to go for. Suggestions? I am usually around a computer- but there have been times where I needed a computer, but no access.
    2.I seen you can connect to Wifi with a BB. If I connect to Wifi- does it go against my GB limit?

Thank you for your help! I think my smartphone is smarter than me- geez!
    Which BB did you end up with? You should be able to use pretty much anything over wifi and it won't count against your data while connected to wifi.

Monitor your data usage on your "my verizon" page, it updates every day or so from what I can tell. If it looks like you're going to go over, either use wifi more/less data over the cell network or call them and upgrade the plan to unlimited.
    01-15-11 05:24 PM
    I'm on att and they have a 200 mb plan. I use wi-fi a lot. I send pix, ck maps, and light internet usage each day while I'm away from wifi though. I average about 120 to 140mb monthly. I hate monitoring usage! 150 would be to close for me. I'd go unlimited!

01-15-11 05:27 PM
    150MB is basically nothing. Go for the unlimited at first, you should be able to downgrade later if you, by some freak coincidence, don't use 150MB.

If you're connected to WiFi, none of yer data use should count against yer VZW data plan usage.

As Spitothec said get the Unlimited plan
    USE your phone for everything you want to for 2 months, using Wifi When ever possible, if you find your data usage is under 100MB get the 150MB plan and save $15, if you find you use over 100MB, get the unlimited.

Now with a BB it is very possible to continue to use your BB and stay sub 50MB my corporate BB used to have a 4MB / month data plan on it, and with on average 50 emails a day, and no BBM I was able to stay under the 4MB,
    IF you don't stream anything, and don't use YouTube you should have no issues.
    01-15-11 05:32 PM
    I'm on att and they have a 200 mb plan. I use wi-fi a lot. I send pix, ck maps, and light internet usage each day while I'm away from wifi though. I average about 120 to 140mb monthly. I hate monitoring usage! 150 would be to close for me. I'd go unlimited!

01-15-11 05:40 PM
    You can also download the My Verizon app to monitor your usage.

01-15-11 05:57 PM
    Sandman- I have the BB Curve 8530.

Thank you ALL very much for your help!!
    01-15-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD