Right I've just got a bb 9780 and have a few questions first off I've not got a blackberry data plan as I had another phone before this is there a way around it? How can you keep it on alt for eg if you want to enter a phone number. How do you go down a line without it sending the messsage and finally does typing get easier coz rigght now I HATE it thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 09:57 AM
    You need a BB data plan.

To lock in Alt mode, hold down the left alt and left shift keys at the same time.

Not sure what you mean by 'going down the line', but if you mean scrolling down through a message, just slide down on the trackpad.

Typing does get easier usually, but if all you've used is a virtual keyboard, the physical one might take some getting used to. Or you might be one of the very many people who just prefer touch-screen typing, and maybe a BB isn't for you... it ain't for everybody.

Welcome to BB!
    04-21-11 12:33 PM
    You need a BB data plan.

To lock in Alt mode, hold down the left alt and left shift keys at the same time.

Not sure what you mean by 'going down the line', but if you mean scrolling down through a message, just slide down on the trackpad.

Typing does get easier usually, but if all you've used is a virtual keyboard, the physical one might take some getting used to. Or you might be one of the very many people who just prefer touch-screen typing, and maybe a BB isn't for you... it ain't for everybody.

Welcome to BB!
    I think he means going down when sending a textmessage.
    That's enter+shift
    04-21-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD