And already addicted! I had to force myself to go to sleep last night and put this thing down! I love it! It does so much more than my Treo 755p, which I thought I loved that phone til I got the Curve 8330. One question is why can't I get AIM. I tried to download it and it said my system was not capale of it. I'm running 4.3 OS. Everything else is fine. Also I have this little icon in the right hand corner of my phone that has the number 2 and looks like grayed out messenger thing but I have no messages anywhere. I can't find in the book what this is. I'm sorry guys to bother you but I have to know!

Thank you,
    MrsStraty
    01-22-09 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

For AIM:
    You need to log into your account and resend your service
    books. They were recently updated for all the IM apps.
    01-22-09 11:00 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    01-22-09 11:02 AM
    I did send the service books a few times but still no AIM....hmmmm. Anyone on this icon thingy in my top right corner? Number 2 with grayed out little people, almost looks like that. How do I find out my PIN munber?

MrsStraty
    01-22-09 11:04 AM
    how exactly do you send service books?

i hear about it and i never asked
    01-22-09 11:07 AM
    I did send the service books a few times but still no AIM....hmmmm. Anyone on this icon thingy in my top right corner? Number 2 with grayed out little people, almost looks like that. How do I find out my PIN munber?

MrsStraty
    Options > status
    The icon I can't help with, That seems to be Sprint specific.
    Where are you trying to download AIM from.

how exactly do you send service books?

i hear about it and i never asked
    Click the link I posted earlier, enter your user name and password. On the
    left you'll see a button for "Send Service Books"
    01-22-09 11:10 AM
    My 8820 has lost its volume - it doesn't ring, beep, talk or make any sounds at all even if I turn on Loud in the phone profiles. The Satnav doesn't talk either and looking at the screen while driving is not a good or legal thing to do - help please!! Anyone know how to reset or do something to restore sound, thanks, Jill
    01-22-09 11:10 AM
    My 8820 has lost its volume - it doesn't ring, beep, talk or make any sounds at all even if I turn on Loud in the phone profiles. The Satnav doesn't talk either and looking at the screen while driving is not a good or legal thing to do - help please!! Anyone know how to reset or do something to restore sound, thanks, Jill
    Please start your own thread on this issue as opposed to randomly picking
    a thread to post your question in.
    01-22-09 11:13 AM
    One question is why can't I get AIM.....
    Thank you,
    MrsStraty
    I am using a Curve with AT&T and for the longest time I could not get AIM or Yahoo to work on my BB (I had downloaded them from AIM/Yahoo directly). Recently I was visiting the Blackberry mobile page (mobile.blackberry.com/MBC/homepage) on my Curve, and clicked a linked called "IM & Social Networking". On that page I found downloads for both AIM and Yahoo and they worked greated! Welcome MrsStaty....I'm from upstate NY too!
    01-22-09 11:18 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    01-22-09 12:07 PM
    Thank you ALL for your help and replies! I found AIM and it work great and figured out what that icon was......it was myspace messages!
    Now one more thing? I am running 4.3 OS, do I need to update to 4.5 OS? Everthing seems to be running perfect and don't want to mess up things or lose anything that I downloaded during today.

Thank you again,
    MrsStraty
    01-22-09 05:00 PM
    Welcome to CB and congratulations on your new BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 06:16 PM
    Thank you ALL for your help and replies! I found AIM and it work great and figured out what that icon was......it was myspace messages!
    Now one more thing? I am running 4.3 OS, do I need to update to 4.5 OS? Everthing seems to be running perfect and don't want to mess up things or lose anything that I downloaded during today.

Thank you again,
    MrsStraty
    Hello again! My, you do have a bad case of the crack! We all do; it's perfectly normal!

I downloaded an IM client called Instango that I'm pleased with. It's free and lets me run one application that communicates across several IM programs. I use it for Yahoo IM specifically, but it will also run AIM, Gtalk, ICQ (if anyone still uses it), etc. I like the interface much more than the Yahoo client. Unfortunately, I do have it disconnect at random times but not to the point that it's incredibly annoying. I've even had Yahoo disconnect a time or two, so I think it may be my connection.

As for updating the OS, you will not lose your data or applications if you back them up properly. Try a search for OS 83XX and look for the "sticky" (thread that stays at top of topic in a specific forum) that goes over updating the OS.

If you have any difficulty, message me.
    01-22-09 06:38 PM
    Hi mrs straty! I just got the Curve 8330 yesterday too!
    01-22-09 07:22 PM
    Hello. Welcome to cb. Congrats on y�ur new phone.
    01-22-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD