First of all...I have my home g-mail and my work e-mails set up on my BB. Am I supposed to get a message indicator on the Messages and on the Gmail icons when someone e-mails me on my g-mail? Or can I have it just come to the Gmail icon?? I believe it is doing the same thing on my work e-mail.

Another thing I noticed, is while working today, i've answered and responded/deleted e-mails on my work pc, but when i looked a my bb a few hours later it said I had 14 messages and it was all the work e-mails that I've already dealt with today.....do I have to get all these e-mails twice?? It's annoying!!!! I would think that if I deleted them on my work pc, that they would delete off the BB???

Help....I want to love my BB!!!!
    08-10-09 11:58 AM
    Oh yeah, guess I should mention...it's a BB Curve 8900.
    08-10-09 01:08 PM
    first off I am not an expert, but the icon to my knowledge will always show up in your messages for all email addresses. As far as deleting emails on you comp they will not aut delete from your bb you can delete from both using your bb but I believe it's only a one way street that way.
    08-10-09 01:23 PM
    First of all...I have my home g-mail and my work e-mails set up on my BB. Am I supposed to get a message indicator on the Messages and on the Gmail icons when someone e-mails me on my g-mail? Or can I have it just come to the Gmail icon?? I believe it is doing the same thing on my work e-mail.
    The Messages folder/app/icon is the default "catchall" for all types of messages; email, SMS, missed calls, etc... It will list all messages from all accounts on the device. Email messages will also appear in the corresponding email account folder. You can hide any app or icon that you don't want or use by selecting it, choosing the menu key, and pressing "Hide."
    08-10-09 01:24 PM
    What you may also want to do is go to the messages icon, go to options, then select General Options, and look under "seperate SMS and Email" and check to see if that is selected. That may also help...

As for the deletion of messages in your physical inbox, it only works one way, if you delete the message on your BB, you have the option of deleting it from your inbox from there, but if you delete from your inbox, it will not sync to delete from your BB, sorry!
    08-10-09 01:58 PM
    Thanks guys....exactly what I needed to know.
    08-10-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD