So I transfered all my settings over from the BB desktop manager. However, my email didn't seem to be working so I am trying to manually setup. For username I typed my email with the "@gmail.com" on it. It said the field was empty, so I typed it without the "@" and it says it's invalid. My email appears to be setup but I cannot receive or send emails.

Any help?
    02-05-10 07:10 PM
    Have you sent the service books? You can do it yourself from your carriers website.
    Also register the host routing tables. You do this from your device. Options > advanced options > host routing tables > menu > register now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 07:13 PM
    I'm registering the host routing tables now... What is this exactly? - and no I have not sent service books. What's that?
    02-05-10 07:17 PM
    Those are very basically the data paths for the stuff that is coming and going to your phone. The serves in some building somewhere need to have a trail that leads to your phone so that the data gets to the right place.

02-05-10 07:24 PM
    When you log in to your carriers website (they're all a little different) you should see a place for BB users to go. Go there and poke around until you find the option to SEND SERVICE BOOKS. Until they are sent you won't get your email.

02-05-10 07:26 PM
    well my girls BB is new and I did the setup from stock and her email works just fine.

Anyway, I got mine my BB software and it doesn't work. I also downloaded the gmail plugin.
    02-05-10 07:28 PM
    Somehow I've ended up trying to make a BB internet account, only there's already one made and I don't know what it is.

EDIT: So the login info i need is for the blackberry internet service. It's a specific login and password, aside from my email address. this is what they say i already have one, but i don't know it.

i must have created it at some point. Can this be reset in anyway, cause i don't remember.
    Last edited by smmy195; 02-05-10 at 08:00 PM.
    02-05-10 07:53 PM
    Hmm. I don't know without calling you carrier.

Are you running a device with 5.0 OS?

02-05-10 08:08 PM
    Can anyone help me reset my BIS account? I don't remember whatever it was before.
    02-05-10 08:09 PM
    Yes, OS is 5.0
    02-05-10 08:10 PM
    If you have a device with 5.0 try this. Click the set up icon. Then click email. Then menu > service books > send service books. I'm on the CB mobile site so I can't see your device model or carrier info.

02-05-10 08:12 PM
    I have a bold 9700 with att.

I can't do what you're saying because I can't log in to my BIS account. Therefore I cannot resend my service books.

I'm on the phone with ATT, lets see if they can help.
    02-05-10 08:13 PM
    The instructions I gave you are able to be done from your phone. Sorry I should have been more specific.

02-05-10 08:15 PM
    Oh, I did not try that. The ATT guy on the phone says he can resend the service books and reset my BIS login info. Lets see if he really can. I will keep you posted.
    02-05-10 08:17 PM
    Cool. I hope you get it sorted. And yes I would like to know the outcome.

02-05-10 08:19 PM
    Well he reset my BIS password and everything else worked itself out. Thank you very much for your time and assistance! So far this forum has been very helpful.

Now, moving forward in my BB setup and customization.
    02-05-10 08:31 PM
    Good to hear!

02-05-10 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD