CB experts. I am in the market for a new BB from T-Mobile. I currently have an 8100 and am switching jobs so I need to give her back and get a new one. New company will not let me hook into their BES server (yet) so I will be running 4 personal email accounts, PIM, IM, Txt, and Web on this new one.

I am trying to decide between the Curve 8320 and the Pearl 8120. I have colleagues with both and am leaning towards the Pearl 8120 but I wanted to get the opinion of the CB universe. Thanks for any thoughts.
    04-29-08 09:50 AM
    Go for the Curve.....It rules....
    04-29-08 09:56 AM
    Personally I'd go for the Curve (out of those 2) as there is no way I can use SureType. QWERTY is easier to use and the bigger screen is great. Also, the size makes it a little easier to use.
    04-29-08 10:10 AM
    I personally have not used the curve but, everybody else seem to like it.
    04-29-08 12:13 PM
    Definately the Curve.
    04-29-08 12:16 PM
    I'd have to say Curve also eventhough I only have it for 2 weeks but it's probably one of the best phone/PDA I've ever owned so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Edd; 04-29-08 at 04:49 PM.
    04-29-08 12:46 PM
    Because of the qwerty keyboard I would say the curve, but if wifi is important to you maybe the pearl is better?
    Personally I could never go back to the sure type after having the qwerty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 12:51 PM
    I actually had to take my Pearl back in to Bell today due to dust under the screen. They swapped it out for a brand new sealed model, not a refurb...but I had the chance to get a Curve instead, the 8330, due to an experience I had with Bell customer service earlier in the day.

After handling the demo, I honestly did not like it as much as the Pearl. It's roughly the same size, a little wider, and yes the full keyboard is nice, but I actually had a more difficult time typing with it as I found the buttons too small. I personally love the Suretype, and am really fast with it after just a couple of weeks.

So I had the chance to upgrade to a Curve today, at no additional cost, and didn't because I really have gotten fond of the Pearl, and I actually like it's looks better. The interesting thing is the owner of the Bell store also has a Pearl, and he had a Curve and swapped it out because he likes the Pearl and Suretype better. It all comes down to mileages varying, but the 8120/8130 would be my choice.
    04-29-08 06:23 PM
    Go for the curve, you'll love it! its all about the full qwerty.
    04-29-08 06:36 PM
    You'll def enjoy the Curve - especially the 8320 - since it has WiFi. A full Qwerty is great for browsing the web & chatting.

Depends on what you need in the berry & whatnot but either way both are good choices!
    04-29-08 07:12 PM
    I think we can consider Curve a winner in the best of BlackBerry contest.

Reviewers back this up, it has consistently scored over the top in every comparison review.

They are both fine devices, but the fit and finish of the Curve struck a responsive chord with me.
    04-29-08 08:17 PM
    the curvier the better.
    04-29-08 08:18 PM
    I'm in the minority on this one. I traded in my curve for a pearl. I really like the size of the pearl. If you've got an 8100 you're used to the suretype so that's not an issue. Basically if you want to stick with the smaller size get the 8120. If you want the full keyboard and/or the bigger screen get the curve. As someone who's had both, neither one is better than the other. It's completely personal preference.
    04-29-08 08:27 PM
    From what it looks like you are using it, without BES right now, the Pearl would be awesome. Now at some point if the BES comes into it and there is more work use? I could see the Curve then.

Try out the Pearl for a couple if weeks, take advantage of what most companies offer (a test drive) and see what you think. All I know is I had a chance to get a Curve today, but was less than moved by the demo model, unlike the first time I picked up the demo Pearl.
    04-29-08 08:27 PM
    I couldn't hold out I got all three and even old skool models. It is so bad I bought some that were used and now I have two of some models.
    04-29-08 08:36 PM
    I couldn't hold out I got all three and even old skool models. It is so bad I bought some that were used and now I have two of some models.
    Wow...

You're way more addicted than me. I just have a Curve 8310, 8700c and 7290 (my blackberry paperweight)
    04-29-08 10:43 PM
    You can add another vote for the Pearl. You stated you were leaning towards the Pearl and I would also. Both have WiFi and both are great choices.

To me, the smaller form factor is a plus. I love SureType and it gets easier/better as soon as all your words/names are programmed into the dictionary.

04-29-08 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD