I've been using BlackBerry for 4 months and I love it.
    I'm just wondering why blackberry really lacks of applications. I mean the native ones.
    Cz what I see, windows phone today is getting more and more new apps and applications updates since I have also Lumia 620.
    It's an excuse for small market share? Since people keep saying that developers don't want to make apps because of small users.
    Now I think back to windows phone which sucks back into early 2013 with terrible experience. Now they improving and new apps keep coming.
    In this case I am thinking the rise of blackberry is in the same start as windowsphone in early 2013. Cz back in in the time. Blackberry smartphone (Z10) could do way more than windowsphone did.
    I see Microsoft has good promotion if their smartphone (from what I see in Indonesia). But, blackberry I only see once in 2013.
    People only know android phones and iPhone, some people only know blackberry as phone from 2006 era. Some people don't even know blackberry 10 OS and still think that it needs special Internet subscription. Which for some people see this as impractical since mostly people use prepaid card and has to activate different package for that.
    Blackberry barely promote its smartphone. Too bad, it's very good OS.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    Anomolous likes this.
    02-28-15 10:03 PM
    Microsoft has a lot of money to push developers to support their platform. BlackBerry doesn't.
    But me personally, I am absolutely satisfied with the native apps available.
    Only one is missing for me is a native Netflix app

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    coloibarra likes this.
    02-28-15 10:09 PM
    At what cost? Microsoft have probably spent over a billion dollar to promote Windows phone in the past 3 years. That's not including buying out Nokia. So far I have not seen them make any progress and I'm pretty sure they have been taking loses year after year. Whereas BlackBerry doesn't have the money like Microsoft but focuses on minimizing lost and focus on profits.

Windows Metro UI looks fun and cool but in practice its not efficient as BB10 UI. This is why some people just don't understand or get the interface. Microsoft will continue to bleed if they don't change it up again and come up with something more innovative imo.
    Blacklatino and MoeR15 like this.
    03-01-15 03:27 AM
    In BlackBerry World, free apps always far behind than Microsoft and android.
    03-01-15 03:44 AM

Windows Metro UI looks fun and cool but in practice its not efficient as BB10 UI. This is why some people just don't understand or get the interface. Microsoft will continue to bleed if they don't change it up again and come up with something more innovative imo.
    You sound like BlackBerry is doing a right thing and window is epic failure. Window have much more apps and new app keep appearing and all are native apps. BlackBerry while just stagnant and even some of them are android port. Window must have at least a dozen device to choose from plus those from HTC. BlackBerry, just z30, z3, z10, passport and classic. So who is bleeding. Window might be bleeding but at least they have device plotfolio to choose from but BlackBerry only have mid range device and even worse 2 of them are qwerty narrow down the choice.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Magnetox and sentimentGX4 like this.
    03-01-15 04:13 AM
    Sure. More devices equals more success. Your argument is full of loops holes. The last I check Apple is doing just fine selling only 2 model phones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+.

Window must have at least a dozen device to choose from plus those from HTC. BlackBerry, just z30, z3, z10, passport and classic. So who is bleeding. Window might be bleeding but at least they have device plotfolio to choose from but BlackBerry only have mid range device and even worse 2 of them are qwerty narrow down the choice.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    03-01-15 06:20 AM
    Because BlackBerry's image is a work device, not a consumer device. Developers just won't invest their time in a platform they believe is almost extinct.

Blackberry will have to sell tens of millions of phones before they are taken seriously.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-01-15 06:40 AM
    Well it's kinda pointless now, the Android layer is becoming very good, it even integrates with the OS a lot now.
    Then there's the API's that BlackBerry will release, not very much at all.

Then there's the reviews on BlackBerry World, some of the reviews I've seen are pathetic, there's a topic on here from last month about it, instead of learning how to use their phone they will just give a bad review and expect the developer to perform black magic.

Anyone seen the reviews on the Facebook app lately? You'd think people can't read
    bb10_fan likes this.
    03-01-15 06:46 AM
    If unlimited Apps is what you are after, BlackBerry will probably never be the phone for you...
    03-01-15 06:50 AM
    Because in theory, these aren't for Window's Phone, they are for the Windows platform.

Microsoft is getting the worst ROI I have ever seen. It will probably pay off in the end, but right now it is in the red. Even with their $50 entry level devices that people just throw away after a couple of months and their $100 mid-level devices that might lead to liking the platform, they can barely sell their top of the line products.

OP, I think you must be watching the WP Store from a distance, because I have a WP and the WP Store is nothing to be proud of. It has a little more than BlackBerry and like BlackBerry it too has some fantastic apps that you cannot get anywhere else, but it is no model by which BlackBerry should measure themselves.
    03-01-15 07:08 AM
    Because in theory, these aren't for Window's Phone, they are for the Windows platform.

Microsoft is getting the worst ROI I have ever seen. It will probably pay off in the end, but right now it is in the red. Even with their $50 entry level devices that people just throw away after a couple of months and their $100 mid-level devices that might lead to liking the platform, they can barely sell their top of the line products.

OP, I think you must be watching the WP Store from a distance, because I have a WP and the WP Store is nothing to be proud of. It has a little more than BlackBerry and like BlackBerry it too has some fantastic apps that you cannot get anywhere else, but it is no model by which BlackBerry should measure themselves.
    I own one of those crappy entry devices, it's awful, my BlackBerry wipes the floor with it.
    03-01-15 07:14 AM
    I own one of those crappy entry devices, it's awful, my BlackBerry wipes the floor with it.
    I've thought about buying one of these low end devices just for funsies. I did actually buy one of the high end ones because the camera and battery. But I rarely use it, just for vacations where I will be taking a lot of pictures.

I laugh a little when people talk about WP sales marketshare. They must be selling millions of these throw away devices and that IMO doesn't lead to user share. BlackBerry is blowing them away in Mobile Ad Revenue even though WP is selling 3x the devices.
    03-01-15 07:28 AM
    I laugh a little when people talk about WP sales marketshare. They must be selling millions of these throw away devices and that IMO doesn't lead to user share. BlackBerry is blowing them away in Mobile Ad Revenue even though WP is selling 3x the devices.
    Microsoft are selling millions of those throw-away devices. Though I personally doubt how many are thrown-away.

From the Verge, reporting on MS's Q2 figures:
    On the Lumia side, Microsoft continues to focus on the low-end without a flagship handset, but the gamble has paid off. Microsoft has sold 10.5 million Lumia devices in the latest quarter, compared to the 8.2 million during the same period last year. That's an impressive 28 percent increase year-over-year, and exactly the direction that Lumia and Windows Phone needs to be heading. However, it comes at a cost. Windows Phone revenue has dropped by 61 percent, and Microsoft blames a Nokia commercial agreement which terminated during fiscal Q4.

So, not 3x but 7x more WP sales.

I did chuckle at the "New apps keep coming, even for Windows Phone" thread title. The implication that Microsoft and BlackBerry are in remotely the same position, either financially or commercially, is laughable.
    03-01-15 07:45 AM
    Regarding to the UI, I think Windows Phone looks neat and clean. The latest firmware "Denim" is good. Even before "Denim" they already have notification center.
    Messaging apps and productivity now even better and get updated.

03-01-15 08:24 AM
    Because BlackBerry's image is a work device, not a consumer device. Developers just won't invest their time in a platform they believe is almost extinct.

Blackberry will have to sell tens of millions of phones before they are taken seriously.

There is a tremendous lack of work apps too. It's just sales and Microsoft cash.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:57 AM
    Check the Amazon app store. That's where Chen told the devs to go to!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:02 AM
    A bit of research is in order for the OP.... First and foremost... BB has abandoned the consumer market... only Native apps actively in development are for business purposes.... making Android more seemless in the BB environment is simply a convenient way for BB to ignore consumer app development... do remember the mantra in BB world was that we needed to close the app gap... Well Android is how BB chose to do it... welcome to the world of Niche markets... be prepared to feel left out....
    coloibarra, BB_Junky and Donvald like this.
    03-01-15 10:11 AM
    Easy microsoft have money, but their making a loss with their phones so blackberry wins

Posted on the underrated Z30 STA100-5
    thymaster likes this.
    03-01-15 10:32 AM
    Easy microsoft have money, but their making a loss with their phones so blackberry wins

Posted on the underrated Z30 STA100-5
    Isn't BlackBerry making a loss as well?
    dolco likes this.
    03-01-15 11:03 AM
    Regarding to the UI, I think Windows Phone looks neat and clean. The latest firmware "Denim" is good. Even before "Denim" they already have notification center.
    Messaging apps and productivity now even better and get updated.

Have you tried attaching two files to a single email in Windows Phone? Without that simple of a function Windows Phone is a no go for me.

BlackBerry and Microsoft are in two different places, and even though there are apps coming to Windows Phone they often lack features of their Android and iOS versions. The other fact is that once the seed money that Microsoft gave the developer to make the app available for Windows Phone is gone, the updates stop. Just look at something like the Audible app: it's a time capsule from around 2013 at this point in the Windows world while the Android and iOS versions are getting regular updates.

BlackBerry has made the determination, whether right or wrong, to cede app development to Android installs and to all but abandon native development.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:15 AM
    I checked yesterday Line app in blackberry world. They are still updating their app to blackberry OS 5, 6, and 7. Weird, they didn't make their native app to modern OS like BB10 but still updating old school OS.
    03-01-15 11:15 AM
    I had WP7 & WP8 phones prior to going back to BB when the BB10 platform showed up. In the App Store for WP7 and early WP8, there were virtually no apps worth having. It wasn't until MS started giving the app developer package away for free, and then started paying developers directly for successful apps that the quality of the App Store started looking up. It's still nothing to brag about, but it did cost MS a lot of money with not very successful results.

I am beginning to smell something in the air with the inclusion of the Amazon Appstore in the BB 10.3.0 update, the extended collaboration between BB and Samsung about phone security, and the ever-improving ability to run Android apps without the slightest noise of complaint from Google. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but........
    03-01-15 11:37 AM
    Netflix can be sideloaded using the. Apk file

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:42 AM
    Have you tried attaching two files to a single email in Windows Phone? Without that simple of a function Windows Phone is a no go for me.

I think it will be fixed in windows 10...and it should have file explorer....remain to be seen though
    03-01-15 11:46 AM

"Work, work, work" is the image that BlackBerry has been confirming and re-confirming forever.

I love BlackBerry 10 but there is always this threat of extinction looming about the platform and Chen doing his best to make the company attractive enough to be sold for a reasonable price in the end and alleviate some of Prem's investment loss.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:59 AM
72 123