09-23-10 07:59 PM
55 123
tools
    Tested, works with my Jabra BT500. An older bluetooth headset for sure but very reliable. Interested if this works in my car as well that has the built-in bluetooth headset profile but not A2DP support. Will try it and post back later.
    08-09-09 04:53 AM
    Is there anyway to get it to play multiple song I think I've done it before but can't remember how!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:01 PM
    Is there anyway to get it to play multiple song I think I've done it before but can't remember how!

08-21-09 12:08 PM
    How many mono A2DP headsets are there?

Anyway, that's not really the point.
    BlackBerry Alpha 1, currently BlackBerry HS-0. Google it.
    08-24-09 10:13 AM
    BlackBerry Alpha 1, currently BlackBerry HS-0. Google it.
    That isn't released yet. The idea is that there are far more mono headsets that do HSP/HFP than do A2DP.

The point is that you should have the choice to stream audio to HSP/HFP-only devices, knowing the caveats, regardless of what devices are out there.
    08-24-09 07:23 PM
    It is working perfecting with my Jawbone Prime. The only negatives I can see using the application is when you get a call it switches to the call but you have to manually turn the music back on after the call. It also only played one song and I had to manually change to the next song. The good news is I can use Flipside as the audio player and the music resumes after completion of the phone call. It also proceeds to the next song when using Flipside.
    08-27-09 03:47 PM
    Whoa works great! Thanks!
    09-06-09 10:11 PM
    Thanks for sharing the app

09-08-09 07:32 AM
    I have the jabra bt5020 and no sound comes out of the bluetooth headset . I have tried btplay without the headset and it plays the media files through the speaker. Any suggestions or any other configuration that I might have to setup?

Tom
    09-23-09 02:01 PM
    As a basic check, are you making sure the headset is on and active, and the phone is paired with and sees your headset (there's little arrows beside the Bluetooth symbol)?

The behaviour that the audio comes out the speaker is normal if there is no headset nearby.

I've heard some reports that certain phones don't have an adequate Bluetooth implementation for btplay to work properly. I'm not sure if the 8830 is one of them -- it seems new enough to be fine.
    09-23-09 06:36 PM
    i appreciate the quick reply. I did double check (actually several times). Un-paired and re-paired the headset and with no success. I agree the 8830 is relatively new, but maybe I have a model that it just won't work.... or it's the headset. I do hear a crack-like sound at the very beginning when trying to play an mp3 file, but nothing. Thanks again for the reply though.
    09-23-09 09:01 PM
    One other thing to possibly try would be to disable your phone from using HFP and using HSP, or vice versa, so a different profile gets used.
    09-23-09 09:15 PM
    tried to figure out how to disable and I searched the web. Could not figure out how to do it. If it's done thru the Systems Options/Bluetooth, then it looks like i am unable to. Again many thanks for the quick reply.
    09-23-09 10:07 PM
    tried to figure out how to disable and I searched the web. Could not figure out how to do it. If it's done thru the Systems Options/Bluetooth, then it looks like i am unable to. Again many thanks for the quick reply.
    You are in ther correct place, but It's all in the terminilogy.
    HSP = Headseat Profile
    HFP = HandsFree Profile

Options -> Bluetooth -> [BB Menu Key] Options -> Services section
    (Un)Select Headset for HSP or Handsfree for HFP.
    09-26-09 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I tried all ways to disable it. Probably the software version that I have on the 8830 does not allow me to disable it. Funny it selects the various services as if I can do something with it, but no option or way to disable or delete.

I noticed that there are newer device software, but not sure what is supported in the upgrades. I will see I guess and hopefully that will help me to achieve what I am looking for.
    09-28-09 01:30 PM
    Just as an fyi, you don't want to turn both profiles off, just turn one of them off and see if that makes a difference.
    09-29-09 07:00 PM
    ok finally upgraded. Got Voice Recorder now and something that I always wanted. I am able to select and unselect the various options, which is great. If I unselect handsfree, Btplay at least makes a beep on Pause or Close thru the BT, but still not play the audio file. It does make white noise and if playing a blank file. I have checked Btplay without the headset and it will play thru the speaker. Thanks for trying and offering suggestions. Might make more sense to buy the appropriate a2dp headset.
    10-01-09 01:24 PM
    Sorry this didn't work out for you. I think some phones just won't work with this app.
    10-01-09 05:54 PM
    Working ok for me.Thanks
    Last edited by bnjoe; 12-09-09 at 09:10 AM.
    12-09-09 07:56 AM
    Using the btplay with both Pandora & Slacker. It is working but the songs keep stopping at some point and I have to push pause then play to restart them. A bit confused after reading previous posts, will this work with the BB media player or no?
    12-09-09 08:24 AM
    Using the btplay with both Pandora & Slacker. It is working but the songs keep stopping at some point and I have to push pause then play to restart them. A bit confused after reading previous posts, will this work with the BB media player or no?
    I _THINK_ it is a completely separate app that takes the place of the BB media player.
    12-09-09 06:52 PM
    it sometimes works and sometimes not with Pandora for me with no reason. Any ideas why?

12-30-09 09:03 AM
    Is there a way to play mutiple songs with this?
    01-10-10 02:50 PM
    Firstly, awesome work so far.

From reading through the posts, seems like the built in player will not direct sound to this program. That really is too bad, as I would love to stream music from online via my sennheiser mono BT..

My question is this,
    Any plans of expansion or improvement on this program? (by the DEV, or anyone else for that matter) Should I hold my breath and hope RIM builds this function into the future players?

Cheers
    01-14-10 11:35 AM
    I was unable to get the source code from the link listed on the source code tab.

I keep getting a 404 error. I thought I might use your code as an example of how to write BB apps - at least as a tutorial for a newbie.
    01-14-10 11:46 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD