Anyone know whether BlackBerry has any plans to produce any new all touch devices moving forward from the Motion? I really don't care for the dedicated physical keyboards. I like the Motion, particularly the 4000 mah battery.
    10-25-18 03:39 PM
    Anyone know whether BlackBerry has any plans to produce any new all touch devices moving forward from the Motion? I really don't care for the dedicated physical keyboards. I like the Motion, particularly the 4000 mah battery.
    If you really want all touch, makes more sense to just get a slab like a OnePlus or Pixel and just load up the BB suite of apps if that's what you're into.
    Notice I didn't mention Samsung or LG as I assume that you like BBAndroid's clean stock feel, which I believe the OnePlus's Oxygen OS is like.

I don't think BBMo is gonna pursue the slab route at this time. The KEYONE easily outsold the **** out of the Motion (as anyone would expect) and I believe the KEY2 and especially LE will do better as well.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-25-18 04:52 PM
    Not sure. I am one of those that would still love to see a PRIV2!
    10-25-18 06:41 PM
    Outside of India (with the Evolve X if they ever get around to it), nothing confirmed.
    AmritD and rarsen like this.
    10-25-18 09:06 PM
    I love the Motion as my second phone and have a feeling that we'll see at least one more updated version. Would seem to make sense going forwards to provide a broader range. And perhaps they could bring out an LE version. Difficult decisions for company, but they have the numbers to know if it will be profitable or not.
    10-27-18 11:49 AM
    I'd like to see one. I have the KEYone but can see getting an upgraded Motion with KEY2 or better hardware. The PKB is less important to me than the DTEK software is. I couldn't ever use an Android slab as a primary work phone as, without the shortcut keys, it would be unbearably cumbersome. But as an outdoor, waterproof phone I would get value out of a BlackBerry slab.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-27-18 12:09 PM
    I love the Motion as my second phone and have a feeling that we'll see at least one more updated version. Would seem to make sense going forwards to provide a broader range. And perhaps they could bring out an LE version. Difficult decisions for company, but they have the numbers to know if it will be profitable or not.
    The problem is evident with the DTEK and Motion devices. Regardless of your locale, the lack of carrier support can not be ignored. The licensing expenses cannot be overlooked becuase it puts any BBMo/TCL licensed device at disadvantage. It proves that also in BB/Optiemus and BB/Merah Putih with Evolve and the Aurora.

The PKB is the primary segment of differentiation that camouflages some of the overall licensing expense... I was disappointed with the quality of the DTEK and lack of carrier support. I bought the AT&T KEYone and would buy AT&T Motion if the model existed.

The space is too competitive. I was offered LG V35 ThinQ for $850 and LG V40 ThinQ for $950 with BOGO and $350 additional if trade in single old device. So guaranteed $425-$475 per device and extra rebate making final price $250-$300 per device. Compare specs to imagined Motion2 like Key2 specs without the PKB and priced like the Motion or up to $150 higher.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-27-18 01:06 PM
    you are right. If I had a problem I wouldn't know who to contact off hand.
    With the Motion, I only bought it due to my brand loyalty. It is different in design, but I can't see many or any non brand loyal fans buying it. Maybe a good LE would bring people in?
    So, unless the fan Base has bought enough, we won't see another one and BB mo will be PKB only.
    Since your last message I just got the Motion security update and I'm back in love with it!
    Last edited by mrsimon; 10-31-18 at 08:15 AM.
    10-27-18 01:35 PM
    As of now nothing announced.
    10-27-18 04:36 PM
    But as an outdoor, waterproof phone I would get value out of a BlackBerry slab.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Or they could just copy the Priv's PKB design and make an IP rated KEY3...
    10-28-18 02:55 AM
    upgraded to the Motion after my Priv finally died. the Motion is a good phone, enjoying Android 8 (updated after about 2 days on Bell Canada). was hoping a better specs Motion 2 would come out as tried the Key2 in the store and hated the PKB. bought my Motion so when / if a better specs BB slab is released, I will likely buy it.
    11-27-18 06:01 PM
    upgraded to the Motion after my Priv finally died. the Motion is a good phone, enjoying Android 8 (updated after about 2 days on Bell Canada). was hoping a better specs Motion 2 would come out as tried the Key2 in the store and hated the PKB. bought my Motion so when / if a better specs BB slab is released, I will likely buy it.
    Curious, have you tried installing BB App Suite on different OEM flagship device?
    11-27-18 07:08 PM
    OK. Which other flagship phone has a 4000 ma battery, BlackBerry VKB, SD card, decent camera, great screen, and maybe waterproof?
    Carried by ATT?
    I will have to get serious about a new phone next year .
    I really enjoy my Motion.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    11-28-18 04:46 AM
    OK. Which other flagship phone has a 4000 ma battery, BlackBerry VKB, SD card, decent camera, great screen, and maybe waterproof?
    Carried by ATT?

I hear you. I’m still carrying my AT&T KEYone waiting for whatever BlackBerry AT&T sells next. I dual carry and just got iPhone XR since BOGO deal was awesome.
    11-28-18 06:25 AM
    Have you tried the LE's PKB?

By the way, you can't really get a feel for it by trying out a few key presses while the device is attached to a huge anti-theft module.

I first had a very bad impression of the KEY2 when like you I tried it at a nearby store.
    But once I ordered mine and took it out of the box, I found the keyboard and in-hand feel to be pretty damn good.
    11-28-18 12:46 PM
    Carried by ATT?

The Galaxy Note 9? You don't need to use some mediocre TCL phone to get the virtual keyboard.
    11-28-18 01:01 PM
    I will start looking!! Thanks
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-28-18 01:34 PM
    Carried by ATT?

Also look at:
    - Razer Phone 2
    - Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 11-30-18 at 06:53 AM.
    11-30-18 06:18 AM
    He'll have to install an .apk to get the keyboard.
    11-30-18 06:28 AM
    He'll have to install an .apk to get the keyboard.
    That's what I thought. And the Note 9 is so BIG! It does seem like the best choice, but not quite perfect.
    BTW, I'm a she. LOL

11-30-18 07:01 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry Mobile would just give up on slab phones. Let's hope for a Motion sequel for next year.

BlackBerry slab phones make sense to me as I need the SD slot and ear phone jack. And I do not want fragile glass slab phones. There are not many phones in the market that have these. So I think BlackBerry hardware is pretty unique this way.
    11-30-18 07:30 AM
    That's what I thought. And the Note 9 is so BIG! It does seem like the best choice, but not quite perfect.
    BTW, I'm a she. LOL

Give these a go:
    - Galaxy S9
    - Galaxy S9+
    - LG V40 ThinQ
    - LG G7
    - LG V35 ThinQ
    - Razer Phone 2

They all vary in size, but all smaller than Note9.

I would also say give the Google Pixel 3 (normal version) a look, you may really like it.
    11-30-18 07:33 AM
    That's the speciality of blackberry
    Robust and a really good battery

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 07:34 AM
    I would also say give the Google Pixel 3 (normal version) a look, you may really like it.
    I thought the Pixel 3 non XL would be an interesting slab.......

...... until I saw that it's battery had a measly capacity of 2915mAh

What a fail lol
    11-30-18 07:40 AM
    Yup bad luck

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 07:41 AM
69 123