OP:

I think we are all creatures of habit and some part of us rejects change when it comes to what we are used to doing by habit. A Smartphone falls right in the crux of this ideal because so much of it is repetitive input to get what we want. When that changes, it's either a fairly effortless change or a change that we have to focus on (at first) to get right. If we are required to focus, it's annoying to many of us. After all, the previous phone was so intuitive, yes? Perhaps. Or perhaps it was just old habit.

The only Smartphone change that was a piece of cake for me was going from a Motorola Q (remember those?) to the new (then) BlackBerry Curve. It was like I personally had developed the new Curve and designed it to do what I wanted it to do intuitively (Truly) without having to think about it. Every other transition from Berry to iPhone to WindowsPhone to Android to Berry again had some sort of "irritation" factor when learning or re-learning the new phone.

I have not tried a Passport yet. I want to. Cost is a factor as I don't do contracts and need an unlocked one, so it may be years before I sink my teeth into that model.
    When I bought my Passport, I walked out of the shop wondering if I had made a terrible mistake, and wondered if I would be returning it and going back to my Q10 asap....

....In less than three hours, I realised that the Passport was the phone for me and that the Q10 now seemed horribly small (in all ways).

The transition from Q10 to Passport was an absolute doddle.

In hindsight, the transition from 9900 to Q10 should have been the hardest, but in reality it only took me (again) a few hours to get used to a gesture based OS. (Though maybe the fact that I already had PlayBooks surely helped more than a bit).

Btw - I'm not some super-techie who can automatically get to grips with a new OS - both iOS and Android (work phones/tablets) have caused me grief in the past.

I strongly recommend the Passport..... but then again, I might be more than a little biased as it fits my needs so well.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-28-15 05:08 PM

Then the AT&T Passport came out and I knew right then that I was screwed.

So I bought one and said to myself I just need one of these things for the battery life and the keyboard.

Two weeks later I bought another Passport because I told myself that it's better to have 2 of the same phones instead of having different phones.

Now I have a third on order and arriving next week.

So since bb10 came out, I have bought six of them.

And going back to an older pkb is just unbearable for me. I tried my old Bold again, kept trying to swipe on the screen and keyboard, and got really messed up on typing on it.

And the lesson is; the Passport's keyboard will spoil you. Use in moderation.

Go black(berry) and you'll never go back.

And when in doubt, buy another one.

Posted via CB10
    My Q10's screen gave up a while after replacing the keyboard. I didn't worry too much about fixing it anymore, because now its keyboard is so small and awkward...

Swiping when I shouldn't swipe... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-28-15 05:20 PM
    I went from the passport, to the classic and now the leap. The transition from the passport to classic wasn't bad for me, I actually enjoyed the form factor of the classic. The passport had an amazing keyboard though, probably the best I've ever typed on.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 05:58 PM
    You guys should jump to a classic and sell me your passport dirt cheap.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 06:31 PM
    Q10 is not the same as a classic, some of use take that as an insult dear sir...
    And some of us still prefer the Q10, and don't consider Classic superior (in an overall sense)...!
    06-28-15 07:48 PM
    Do you ever get the feeling that BlackBerry sold 800,000 phones last quarter to only 10,000 customers?

Posted via CB10
    Yup... and we're all here.
    06-28-15 09:34 PM
    And some of us still prefer the Q10, and don't consider Classic superior (in an overall sense)...!
    I held a Classic a few times at the Telstra shop, and the screen size is really nice compared to the Q10, even though it doesn't really have a single pixel more...

But, having said that, the Q10's "biggest" feature is its pocketability, full "BB10 power pack" in such a small envelope... I absolutely like the genuine flip case (with an extra velcro-dot to close it, customized, haha!), slides in yer pocket like, ... well, there's no comparison...

:-D

06-28-15 11:39 PM
    I wanted to try something new as I got my Passport the few days of the original launch and has been well used and we'll worn. SO decided to go to the Classic!

ABSOLUTELY Hated it!!??!?

The battery life is less than desired and just is not as powerful and robust as the Passport. I'm also so used to the three row capacitive keyboard, that going back to the classic four row with tool belt seemed backwards. Actually I got the hang of using the three row capactv key board and is soooo much better and refined optimising bbos10.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:28 AM
    That is some awesome, heartwarming last-minute insight... ;-)

Keep the machine, you can still buy the little one later (can't say it's a toy, right?), haha!

Indeed, the more patience you have, cheaper it will be

CB10 - Passport
    07-04-15 11:28 PM
    Indeed, the more patience you have, cheaper it will be

CB10 - Passport
    And even come in blue... :-)

07-05-15 07:15 AM
35 12