I've gone from blackberry to android to iphone and back to android to blackberry to passport to classic. Q10 to passport was abit hard but the passport really wears in on you.

The mix of touch and buttons on the passport can really mess with your transition to any phone. Now I feel like the classic phone screen and buttons are too small, forget about the belt and characters (all on passport touchscreen) and multiple possibilities to do one task.

Considering going back to next version of passport. I only sold the original because it was water damaged and classic was cheaper and less heavy on the pocket in this hot summer.

Anybody else with the same probs?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:15 AM
    Awwww man. I'm about to sell my passport next week and get the classic. Now your post has given me second thoughts!

Arhh now I'm confused :0S

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-27-15 12:53 AM
    Do you ever get the feeling that BlackBerry sold 800,000 phones last quarter to only 10,000 customers?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:17 AM
    I don't understand why you'd downgrade to a classic. In your case the phone was damaged, fine.

But you could've gotten a Z30 at least. Or maybe a used Q10. It's about the same as the classic but much cheaper, and you could have eventually bought another passport.

Buying a classic is a mistake.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-27-15 02:41 AM
    You sold a water damaged phone?

Posted via CB10
    drudgep likes this.
    06-27-15 05:20 AM
    I don't understand why you'd downgrade to a classic. In your case the phone was damaged, fine.

But you could've gotten a Z30 at least. Or maybe a used Q10. It's about the same as the classic but much cheaper, and you could have eventually bought another passport.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Q10 is not the same as a classic, some of use take that as an insult dear sir...

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    bap3221 likes this.
    06-27-15 07:29 AM
    Classic is a nice device I may get one for my mom. But I'm very hesitant giving her my z30 as she good for breaking phones. You should have gotten another passport.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-27-15 07:32 AM
    Nothing wrong with figuring out what device works best for u OP. My hardest transition was from the Z10 to the Q10. I kept going back to the Z10 for the LCD display and screen size. When I got my Classic, everything felt right. So, now u know, get urself a Passport and enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:18 AM
    I may get a classic ...and keep my passport
    06-27-15 09:30 AM
    Having a Z10, and Z30 and now a Passport and using a Q10, i could never go back to a small screen.

BTW Kristie Blachford of the National Post praise BlackBerry but said her place of work forced her to use iPhone and she had no choice.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:31 AM
    Do you ever get the feeling that BlackBerry sold 800,000 phones last quarter to only 10,000 customers?

Posted via CB10
    This!!

Seems by reading these forums that a good portion of the BlackBerry diehard faithful keep purchasing hoping for a handset they can tolerate.
    06-27-15 09:45 AM
    This!!

Seems by reading these forums that a good portion of the BlackBerry diehard faithful keep purchasing hoping for a handset they can tolerate.
    I keep buying because I just want them all.

So we also tend to just be collectors who use more than one style of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah they have probably sold about 10 Million BB10 phones to 7 Million users. If like to know how many are in service at any one time.

Posted via Z30
    06-27-15 12:20 PM
    Yeah they have probably sold about 10 Million BB10 phones to 7 Million users.
    Those that like them, like them a lot.
    " Whoever has the most BlackBerrys, when they die, wins" : )

BB, Still the One
    06-27-15 12:43 PM

Work Wide and Prosper
    Battery is everything to me. Rather not carry extra battery's with z10 when you can get a better with the classic. I wanted to go back to passport but it's more expensive and we're months away from the next BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 03:10 PM
    You sold a water damaged phone?

Posted via CB10
    Hey...ppl like the hardware. They can still do things with the beautiful hardware lol

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 03:11 PM
    I may get a classic ...and keep my passport
    Haha that's what we all wish we could do. It's just the transition between text messages, calendar, reminders can take a long time and annoying. Took 6 hours to get all the backup from my previous passport on this app I got that uses drop box.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 03:18 PM
    OP:

I think we are all creatures of habit and some part of us rejects change when it comes to what we are used to doing by habit. A Smartphone falls right in the crux of this ideal because so much of it is repetitive input to get what we want. When that changes, it's either a fairly effortless change or a change that we have to focus on (at first) to get right. If we are required to focus, it's annoying to many of us. After all, the previous phone was so intuitive, yes? Perhaps. Or perhaps it was just old habit.

The only Smartphone change that was a piece of cake for me was going from a Motorola Q (remember those?) to the new (then) BlackBerry Curve. It was like I personally had developed the new Curve and designed it to do what I wanted it to do intuitively (Truly) without having to think about it. Every other transition from Berry to iPhone to WindowsPhone to Android to Berry again had some sort of "irritation" factor when learning or re-learning the new phone.

I have not tried a Passport yet. I want to. Cost is a factor as I don't do contracts and need an unlocked one, so it may be years before I sink my teeth into that model.
    06-27-15 03:29 PM
    I recently put an AT&T sim in my old unlocked Bold and attempted to use it on a trip to an area with no TMOBILE service. I was able to use the Bold but it was painful. After 2.5 years on the Z10, I was truly spoiled! No more physical keyboard for me...

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    06-27-15 05:11 PM
    Thanks guys I was so close to selling my passort and getting a classic but thanks to you guys I just saved myself from making the biggest mistake of my life.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:12 AM
    Thanks guys I was so close to selling my passort and getting a classic but thanks to you guys I just saved myself from making the biggest mistake of my life.

Posted via CB10
    That is some awesome, heartwarming last-minute insight... ;-)

Keep the machine, you can still buy the little one later (can't say it's a toy, right?), haha!

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-28-15 06:36 AM
    I bought my first Z10 while I was using a perfectly good Bold. Then I bought another Z10 because I told myself that it's better to transition to BB10 instead of using bbos and bb10 at the same time.

Then the white Z10 went on sale so I got one too just to have a back up and my Mom was visiting from another country so I wanted her to have a phone to use, the whole month she was visiting so that was my justification.

Then the Z30 went on sale so I got that too because I told myself I needed a bigger screen and better battery life. Although at the time I had extended batteries on all 3 and extra battery bundles.

And then I was happy. Even when the Passport and Classic came out I said I was OK.

Then the AT&T Passport came out and I knew right then that I was screwed.

So I bought one and said to myself I just need one of these things for the battery life and the keyboard.

Two weeks later I bought another Passport because I told myself that it's better to have 2 of the same phones instead of having different phones.

Now I have a third on order and arriving next week.

So since bb10 came out, I have bought six of them.

And going back to an older pkb is just unbearable for me. I tried my old Bold again, kept trying to swipe on the screen and keyboard, and got really messed up on typing on it.

And the lesson is; the Passport's keyboard will spoil you. Use in moderation.

Go black(berry) and you'll never go back.

And when in doubt, buy another one.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not really, more like 2 customers: me and the other guy I met in a coffee shop. And I only bought one.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-28-15 02:20 PM
    I do jump from my passport back to my Q and my LE for app testing.

I don't think I can ever go back to a tiny phone.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-28-15 02:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol don't be discouraged to buy it.

Good:
    -lighter in your pocket
    -more buttons to work with.
    -battery seems to last longer on semi heavy use. I used it from 8 am to 2 am with 12 percent left yesterday. Passport lasts to around 11 pm or 12 am.
    Bad:
    -everything seems more compressed less to work with. For example if you go to craigslist you view one item picture per screen.
    Getting used to using characters (?, *, #, !) is a pain in the but since usually they are on the touchscreen on passport.
    -emails are a couple seconds late compared to passport.

Overall, you might like the classic. Don't worry.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 02:46 PM
35 12