My pearl is constantly fighting with what I assume to either be a network or device problem. I'm on 1XEV and I keep losing the EV part but still have the 1X. This happens for 15-20 minutes at a time and is killing my battery like mad. Its very inconvenient.

I'm running 8130/4.5.0.131 for a month now and have had no problems except for the last 7 days. Normally I can get 8 hours out of my pearl with some pretty heavy use. But now I'm lucky two get 4 hours barely using it since my network problem.

Anyone have an ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 01:26 PM
    You might want to ask Bell if there have been outages in your area lately.
    08-27-09 01:32 PM
    They quickly say no and transfer me over to tech support

08-27-09 02:01 PM
    It could possibly, possibly be the OS but I'm not very familiar with Pearl's
    and the OS's they run. Perhaps someone who is will chime in on this.
    If it's not, and you've done a good battery pull/hard reboot and the problem
    still continues, then it's possibly a hardware issue.
    08-27-09 02:10 PM
    Have you updated your prl lately? Verify with tech support that your phone has the latest prl loaded. If it doesn't, then ask them how to download it.

On Verizon/Alltel it's *228 Send, Option 2. Bell may be different.

prl = preferred roaming list. It basically tells your phone what towers to use. It is recommended you do a prl update every few months because they might have put up new towers or taken old towers down in your area.
    08-27-09 02:12 PM
    They are saying its due to an unsupported porestin system... Which I haven't had problems with at all for the 2 months prior to this week. Is that probable?

08-27-09 05:29 PM
    To make things worse my about menu doessny work and she didn't believe me about it.

08-27-09 05:36 PM
    What's a poretin system?

If you removed VAD, voice activated dialing, then that is why your About screen doesn't work.

Hold down Alt, then press RACE on your Pearl (Alt EACE onCurves) to get the Help Me screen for info on your device.

#4357* Send also works to display more info then you will ever need.

08-27-09 06:00 PM
    I meant operating system... Sorry my SureType turns off and on randomly

08-27-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD