I have att and when I try to send a text it give me that message. Any ideas why and how long?

TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 12:34 AM
    No idea but mine is doing the same thing, happened right when the new year clicked here in central time. Probably ATT having a snafu with their network and needing to switch over with everyone using it tonight.
    01-01-10 12:39 AM
    Oh ok, just as long I am not the only one*smiles*. Happy New Years to you!

01-01-10 12:41 AM
    Same thing here in Texas...went to send a Happy New Years text just seconds after midnight...and nothing.
    01-01-10 12:44 AM
    AT&T as we all know is overloaded with the influx of iphones using data, these outages are going to contiue untill they add/upgrade their systems
    01-01-10 12:44 AM
    Yeah i'm in Oklahoma so i imagine were on the same servers for SMS texting and media as well. My data is working fine and of course BBM is working since thats run through RIM so its got to be ATT.
    01-01-10 12:46 AM
    Yea I am in Texas as well. Well they need 2 upgrade their system. And quickly!

01-01-10 12:48 AM
    I sent a BBM broadcast, 2 MMS, and made a phone call shortly after midnight in Cleveland, OH. Everything went through.

One of my friends who has VZW got call failed.
    01-01-10 12:56 AM
    Gotta be our area then, the Southwest region
    01-01-10 12:58 AM
    I also have AT&T and live just south of St. Louis, Missouri and I am having the same problems. I'm receiving my emails and can make phone calls, but can't send or receive texts.
    01-01-10 01:30 AM
    wow, i can recieve texts, make calls, receive calls, and evrythign. but i some texts have the red ex, and when i open the text thats pending, it says network out of order. any help to MY question?
    01-01-10 01:51 AM
    see above in the thread, pretty much answered it earlier
    01-01-10 01:57 AM
    Im acctually out here in North Carolina and I can say that I had the same issue with AT&T. It was about 2 minutes before 12am when i get my last recieved msg. Then it took about 3 hours later to get one or two. Now im getting them one at a time even tho i know they are from a couple hours ago. Media net worked and phone calls worked just fine. It was just the text msging. So im not sure what happened here, but i hope they fix it. Afterall, this was my first day as a BB user. lol Hope this isnt a bad omen.
    01-01-10 02:36 AM
    Im acctually out here in North Carolina and I can say that I had the same issue with AT&T. It was about 2 minutes before 12am when i get my last recieved msg. Then it took about 3 hours later to get one or two. Now im getting them one at a time even tho i know they are from a couple hours ago. Media net worked and phone calls worked just fine. It was just the text msging. So im not sure what happened here, but i hope they fix it. Afterall, this was my first day as a BB user. lol Hope this isnt a bad omen.
    Hey guys, I'm getting the same thing. I'm in Denver, Colorado, and I'm having the same problem. My girlfriend called me to wish me a happy new year, but when I tried texting her a little bit later, I had no luck. I can recieve texts and calls, but not send texts. I get the red "X" with a "Network out of order" notice below it. I'm hoping they fix this soon, or I might have an angry girlfriend on my hands, haha. Happy New Years, guys.
    01-01-10 02:50 AM
    i got it once when sending one text message at 3am. i just clicked re-send and it went through. its all because of new years.
    01-01-10 04:50 AM
    I am having the same issues here in WV. I am receiving texts, but cannot send any. I can make phone calls, actually I'm using my curve right now to type this...very strange-but it has to have something to do with the 2010 change-over. You're not the only one!
    01-01-10 07:10 AM
    I think all the carriers had some of that going on last night. In NYC basically nobody's phone would work after midnight for awhile. As you can imagine, 1.5 million people trying to text all at the sametime in the same area might have that effect! Even a couple thousand in smaller places would do the same.

My sms didn't end up sending 2am - some earlier. Smaller areas will be ok but NYC was totally blasted last night! 3G stopped working i think, had to switch to edge and then finally everyone's phone went to edge anyways.
    01-01-10 07:52 AM
    Same issue here in Western, TN
    01-01-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD