Hi

I did search, but I'm not really sure how to explain it.

On my wife's Bold, she gets these messages from network@etp1008blablabla that say;
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

The Telus store that we got our phones from printed off a sheet of instructions that my wife followed but I didn't read. It worked for a few weeks and now has begun again. She gets several of these a day. She gets her emails from a server at her work. I don't have mine setup for email so I've not been getting any.

I don't think that this is a Bold only situation so I posted it here, Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate forum.

Anybody got ideas, thanks.
    12-25-09 03:28 PM
    Hi. The KBs referenced in this support thread helped me with this issue a while back. Hopefully they're of assistance to you... Re: Repeating Network@etp... message Help please - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    12-25-09 04:06 PM
    was her phone a replacement device. i see that happen alot. it most cases those emails she is recieving our from the bes server. if she is not on the bes server, have her delete her service books on the phone. options>advanced options>service books>delete all, the only one that will not delete is provisioning,provisioning. once all deleted, resend new service books over. she will recieve a registration email and and should be back up and running and no longer recieve the bes emails. hope this as well as the jlsparks post help.
    12-25-09 04:09 PM
    Hey thanks for the quick replies.

mostlydo; her phone is new, not a replacement.

Jlsparks; I checked that link you posted. I quickly got hung up on Service Books, she ain't got none.

An excerpt form the posted link; First, remove all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.

From the Options page I see no Service Books.

Now what

EDIT: OK, now i just saw "Advanced Options" dahh!
    12-25-09 04:20 PM
    OK, after feeling a bit dumb, I've followed the instructions and now will wait to see if they return.

One more question, can I safely delete the network messages?
    12-25-09 04:30 PM
    Yes you can delete them.
    12-25-09 04:46 PM
    Thanks again for your help
    12-25-09 04:48 PM
    Pleasure Merry Christmas.
    12-25-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD