I'm aware this question has probably been asked before but I cannot find a thread in the search.

I am currently a vodafone customer paying �40 a month and want to get a Blackberry curve 8520. I can change my contract minutes to get Blackberry solutions which I'll do If I get one. I'm looking to buy a Curve and the cheapest I've found is an Orange PAYG for �150 (Other sim free / unlocked sites I've seen for �200). If I were to buy it Sim free of Vodafone it would cost �250. Obviously it'd be cheaper to buy it on Orange and unlock it.

My question though is, If I pay to get a blackberry unlocked does it mean when it gets updated every other week/month I'll need to re-unlock it like people had to with the Iphone. Obviously this would work out really expensive in thelonger run.

Has anyone else successfully bought a Blackberry and got it unlocked without having to do so every other week/month?

Thanks for reading and thanks if you can reply with useful infomation.
    02-18-10 08:39 AM
    No worries, once it has been unlocked, it will not "re-lock", ever.

If you upgrade it in the future, it will continue to work correctly.
    02-18-10 09:54 AM
    I'm aware this question has probably been asked before but I cannot find a thread in the search.

I am currently a vodafone customer paying �40 a month and want to get a Blackberry curve 8520. I can change my contract minutes to get Blackberry solutions which I'll do If I get one. I'm looking to buy a Curve and the cheapest I've found is an Orange PAYG for �150 (Other sim free / unlocked sites I've seen for �200). If I were to buy it Sim free of Vodafone it would cost �250. Obviously it'd be cheaper to buy it on Orange and unlock it.

My question though is, If I pay to get a blackberry unlocked does it mean when it gets updated every other week/month I'll need to re-unlock it like people had to with the Iphone. Obviously this would work out really expensive in thelonger run.

Has anyone else successfully bought a Blackberry and got it unlocked without having to do so every other week/month?

Thanks for reading and thanks if you can reply with useful infomation.
    As mentioned above, Blackberry Unlocking is permanent, even if you upgrade/downgrade the OS, reset the phone, it will never relock.
    02-18-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD