Greeting all,
    You maybe my only/last chance left and I need some help.
    I work away from home. I have been in this small town of Weslaco, Tx. Close to the border. Verizon is my carrier.
    I am what you could call a room rat. I don't run the roads while I am a away from my wife and children. I feel like I am getting a raw end of a deal when it comes to my phone logging or connecting to the local towers.
    I short, here is a typical day of events.
    Call wife at 3pm after work. She is busy and can't answer.
    Five minutes later. She can call back and I answer.
    Talk fifteen minutes hag up I'll go shower
    Call back wife back. Talk two hours.
    One to two minutes later either of us call the other.
    Now, I know that there are at lease 3 towers with in 5 miles or less from my room and from where I am working 3 minutes away.

Here is where it all goes WRONG. The bill arrives and each call made is from a adjacent town.
    And here is a twist. My wife come to see me twice for a month each and it stops.

WHY IS IT WHEN SHE IS GONE , MY PHONE LOGS INTO DIFFERENT TOWNS AND MAKE ME LOOK A FOOL AND UNFAITHFUL?

Broken down tower, wind,

I think you all know where this would put her mind set.
    I love my wife and wish this would stop.

Serious help only please.
    A serious matter.

Thank you all in advance
    KJC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 02:56 PM
    Have you tried contacting Verizon?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question.
    04-19-10 04:23 PM
    Maybe turn off roaming.
    04-19-10 05:45 PM
    More than likely it has to do with the physical address of the towers, and where you last was when you used your phone. Example I can see my closest tower less than two miles from me, but because the physical address is not the same zip code (or town) it shows up as a different town in the bill. Also if I come home from the south my cell will stay on the tower that I was last on until the signal drops low enough to force the cell to switch.
    04-19-10 09:26 PM
    It could be one tower is listed for one town and the other tower is listed for another. Depending on the time of day you may just hit one tower over another because of heat or other dumb factors or maybe usage on one tower is greater than the other.
    04-20-10 04:45 AM
    There is not much you can do about this. As others have suggested it is probably a simple matter of location names and tower identity in the database.

My only suggestion is to turn your phone off for a few minutes when you get to your hotel, so it tries to connect to the same closest/strongest tower when you power up. However if you are in the middle of several towers with similar signal levels it is still a lottery which one will be selected.
    04-20-10 07:06 AM
    Yes, have made several call to Verizon. Customs service 9 out of 10 say that is my location twice call and they told me I was some 30 miles fro$ where I was calling from. QUOTE=KillYouWithMyMind;5010749]Have you tried contacting Verizon?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question.[/QUOTE]

04-20-10 07:51 AM
    It could be one tower is listed for one town and the other tower is listed for another. Depending on the time of day you may just hit one tower over another because of heat or other dumb factors or maybe usage on one tower is greater than the other.
    I am thinking same.

04-20-10 07:55 AM
    I would like to thank each of you that posted.

All I can say right now is. That if I had committed crime and my only defense was my location via a phone call. I would be looking at the Chair! Bad enough be under the spot light with my wife.

If anyone else can help or the people that have post get more info. Please let me know.

Again I thank you all

KJC

04-20-10 08:01 AM
    I think you need a map marked with the location of the local VZ towers, and let your wife see how your hotel sits in the middle with a random choice which one your phone picks up
    04-20-10 08:27 AM
    I am assuming you are doing a mobile to mobile call to chat. Have the wife make a 1 minute landline call to your hotel room during your cell chats. Then she can compare the bill showing your "location" to where she *knows* you are at because she called you there. Maybe if she see's two different "locations" that match landline calls she made, she'll feel better.
    04-20-10 10:08 AM
    Yep, have her call your hotel room to speak to you, then after hanging up, immediately call her back from your cell. And get a new job that doesn't require you being away from her so much, or get some marriage counseling. Trust issues don't fix themselves.
    04-20-10 10:29 AM
    Yep, have her call your hotel room to speak to you, then after hanging up, immediately call her back from your cell. And get a new job that doesn't require you being away from her so much, or get some marriage counseling. Trust issues don't fix themselves.
    That sounds like the best reply of them all. Traveling so much takes a toll on everyone in your family..
    04-20-10 10:45 AM
    I am assuming you are doing a mobile to mobile call to chat. Have the wife make a 1 minute landline call to your hotel room during your cell chats. Then she can compare the bill showing your "location" to where she *knows* you are at because she called you there. Maybe if she see's two different "locations" that match landline calls she made, she'll feel better.
    This is brilliant in its simplicity.
    Give it a try! Might not work 100% but at least she will know the possibility exists!
    04-20-10 11:15 AM
    If your wife suspects you of fooling around on such flimsy location evidence (because there's a cell phone tower every fifty feet in Texas, right?), perhaps this is a case of psychological projection. Hire a private investigator, or use whatever equivalent of FamilyMaps that Verizon has so she can get the location of where your phone is, based on what its GPS receiver reports.
    04-20-10 12:40 PM
    I think that it's understood the probability of jumping towers. Only for your phone, never hers when she travels the same as you or around? really?

Could you also explain why Verizon would show in San Antonio, a city over 4 hours away by car. ??? All the towers for 50 towns were down?
    I think also it was failed to mention, it shows all over in neighboring towns. I do believe it was done- call the room once, and I believe the results were a good *** chewing for not being trusting and needing to call. Hmmm she says.

Same excuse, it jumps all the towers- " every 50 feet" to go all the way to San Antonio? Why not Houston?
    I suppose it could be some trust issues, but an otherwise level headed mature women did not get to that place with out a reason.
    Looking for a reasonable explanation is not out of line...never got one.
    07-14-10 02:29 PM
    Hey you guys could use an app that locates family members via gps. Then you could both check each others location at random. I have seen a few. Don't recall any names. Good luck.

07-14-10 02:50 PM
    Good night, my wife allows me to go out drinking with other friends.

I'd highly suggest a GPS type of tracking applications, or use Google Maps (free) and ZonaSnap (free) have Google Maps zero in on your location > zona snap it > send it to her...... seems simple enough and it's all free.

07-14-10 02:53 PM
    First, address the trust issues.

Second, use GPS tracking to broadcast location. I use bim active. She can log on to your page online and see where you have logged trips, including the time. Its free. Also good for tracking exercise (runs and biking) and car trips.

Third, address trust issues....

07-14-10 10:13 PM
    Dude, I think you and your wife have got some major problems that are way beyond the scope of this forum. See a marriage counselor A.S.A.P.!

07-15-10 11:38 AM
    I'm not marriage counselor but I'm not going to blame either you or your wife for the trust stuff. That is bound to happen for anyone on this forum if their SO was out of town and in cities that they said they weren't.

I say give the wife the option of checking your gps location by the many options suggested here and it will put her at ease.

If you really are a room rat, get a webcam and skype each other when you are in your room. There is a video presence that should fix the trust issues.
    07-15-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD