Well folks, here is a interview that was done with the CEO of Netflix and the Canadian Press.
    This guy is pretty ignorant if you ask me! It isn't 1997 anymore, let's get real!
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...ntsForm-398280

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    jafrul likes this.
    05-20-13 08:09 AM
    And for those that don't feel like reading the link. Here is the quick Q&A about BlackBerry.

CP: You've been quoted as saying that you're always trying out a new smartphone or tablet to keep up on new technology. Have you tried one of the new BlackBerry 10 devices yet?

Hastings: No. Like many people I was a BlackBerry addict from 1997 or 1998 through to the iPhone but I haven't tried it. We don't currently support streaming on the BlackBerry, it's a unique operating system you have to target, and unfortunately there's just not enough volume for entertainment (apps). It's a great device for getting work done but people don't interact with it as an entertainment device the same way they do with say an iPhone or Android phone.

05-20-13 08:10 AM
    That makes business sense though... Just give it time. BB10 needs more adoption and then it will be recognized

---New Arrested Development starts May 26th! Such a great show
    Lalabum and richardat like this.
    05-20-13 08:16 AM
    The guy has a point, can't argue with it.
    05-20-13 09:32 AM
    I've been enjoying streaming content from BlackBerry World. If Netflix doesn't want my business it's their loss.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:34 AM
    Looks like the guy believes BlackBerry 10 is the same old OS on different phones..
    05-20-13 09:34 AM
    The guy has a point, can't argue with it.
    I would find it more intelligent if he didn't come across as so ignorant. It's hard to take him seriously when he comments about what it is good and not good for when he's never actually bothered to try the thing.
    05-20-13 09:35 AM
    Don't see what the big fuss is don't people who are die hard blackberry addicts say their phone is a "tool not a toy" guess its just coming back to bite you in the ***. Can't be mad at them if the masses don't want it there's no reason to build it.
    05-20-13 09:38 AM
    This is why when fanboys here go on and on about how much they don't need this app, or that app, and how "we need tools not toys" it really really does the platform a disservice. In all honesty though who should get the bigger blame should be blackberry itself. They reinforced this negative attitude towards change and the stigma that blackberries are used for business use only through their poor ad campaign last year. Now it looks like or seems as if Netflix has no interest in making a dedicated streaming app for bb10. Its a shame really.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    05-20-13 09:55 AM
    BB should give the CEO of Netflix a Z10 or Q10 to try out. That'll change his tune once he sees how far BB has come.
    djmm2, xBURK, axllebeer and 1 others like this.
    05-20-13 10:16 AM
    I wouldn't be so bothered if he had made that statement after trying the platform (although I would still disagree), but to make such a statement immediately after saying you haven't tried a BlackBerry 10 device is just pure ignorance.
    05-20-13 10:19 AM
    Finally, can we move on now.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:19 AM
    There are a lot of ppl running the sideloaded version and it works flawlessly. Probably someone should do a poll and see how many ppl have it installed and how many more want it. Just saying.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    xiaohuaxing and phantom1024 like this.
    05-20-13 10:20 AM
    Wow. Guess the future will tell. Doesn't make sense he'd make a statement like that and hasn't even used the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:31 AM
    There are a lot of ppl running the sideloaded version and it works flawlessly. Probably someone should do a poll and see how many ppl have it installed and how many more want it. Just saying.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    I have it sideloaded and I would say it works a lot better than expected. Kevin and Blaze made it sound like it was pretty laggy but its been good for me. It would just be nice for the masses to have it. I'm guessing the majority of z10 owners will never sideload anything
    05-20-13 10:35 AM
    don't people who are die hard blackberry addicts say their phone is a "tool not a toy"
    It's unfortunate that such stereotyping occurs.

Are there people who say that? Sure!

Does everyone who like a Blackberry say that or believe that? Cmon ...
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-20-13 10:36 AM
    I have it sideloaded and I would say it works a lot better than expected. Kevin and Blaze made it sound like it was pretty laggy but its been good for me. It would just be nice for the masses to have it. I'm guessing the majority of z10 owners will never sideload anything
    Agreed. Why don't the endless whiners just side load it and move on.
    05-20-13 10:39 AM
    If Netflix doesn't want my business it's their loss.

I've been streaming movies from BlackBerry World to my phone and outputting to TV when on the road, and it works great. For the 2-3 movies a month I watch this way, it's about the same price as Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-20-13 10:42 AM
    I would find it more intelligent if he didn't come across as so ignorant. It's hard to take him seriously when he comments about what it is good and not good for when he's never actually bothered to try the thing.
    Wait a minute...hald the threads here talk about how BlackBerry is a business device and a lot if BlackBerry users carry a second phone fur their fun.

So where us he so misguided? The few of you that use BlackBerry exclusively? Not enough.

Posted via CB10
    Etios, Donvald and richardat like this.
    05-20-13 10:56 AM
    Don't see what the big fuss is don't people who are die hard blackberry addicts say their phone is a "tool not a toy" guess its just coming back to bite you in the ***. Can't be mad at them if the masses don't want it there's no reason to build it.
    Said it better than I.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald and Harley Kid like this.
    05-20-13 10:57 AM
    If Netflix doesn't want my business it's their loss.

I've been streaming movies from BlackBerry World to my phone and outputting to TV when on the road, and it works great. For the 2-3 movies a month I watch this way, it's about the same price as Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    It's unlimited for 7.99 with netfix. Not 2 or 3 movies a month at a lame fee.
    But your all about compromise.

Posted via CB10
    Etios likes this.
    05-20-13 10:58 AM
    Yeah BlackBerry devices are for "business" but that doesn't mean they can't be used for pleasure as well. I am not saying a Netflix app would be awesome on the Q10, but the Z10 and PB could really benefit from it.
    From his statement he hasn't used a BlackBerry since 2007ish when the iPhone came out.
    I think it's time for him to sit down with a BB10 or PB and see that a native Netflix app would be really great.

xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-20-13 11:03 AM
    Whether people like it or not.... Netflix is a must have for the platform.... I like many have no use for it... but it is the perception that counts... the constant... it does not have Netflix.. Instagram etc..... drone will continue and in the general publics mind it will show BB is not a viable contender as they lack the "important" apps.... sad but true....
    05-20-13 11:08 AM
    He is basically insulting all Blackberry users when he more or less says that we are all work and no play - in other words dull people is what that implies.
    05-20-13 11:10 AM
    Kindda funny because the older apk file runs decently on my z10, a bit of a shutter but the streaming is perfect. A simple modification to their Android release would acceptable for the moment, much like skype, if only to quiet the masses.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:12 AM
247 123 ...