07-18-13 12:21 AM
249 123 ...
tools
    Called Netflix again.
    The girl's supervisor has a z10 and she said they've had lots of internal discussion on the subject. She was in Denver and seemed to really like BlackBerry as a brand.

Her claim was point blank - blackberry 's engineers refuse to work with netflix.
    I asked her to double check that and she came back with the same answer.
    I told her how when searching for the app I came across the post by Alec Saunders saying they would send a team of engineers should netflix ok it.
    She went away again for a while and came back with 'he's lying'.
    Straight and blunt answers.
    Granted it's a csr, but there was a lot of checking going on and pretty strong accusations.

Alec- care to respond?

Is netflix lying, or is BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits and Clinto like this.
    07-15-13 09:31 PM
    Her claim was point blank - blackberry 's engineers refuse to work with netflix.
    Sorry, but that's outright wrong.
    sk8er_tor and eninrebmun like this.
    07-15-13 09:33 PM
    Don't be sorry, posting what they said.
    Somebody's lying.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:35 PM
    It's a customer service representative - how would they have access to the kind of knowledge to know, without a shadow of doubt, that BlackBerry is lying about this? Just another CSR making stuff up, just like several CSR's in the past said it's coming to BB10.
    07-15-13 09:37 PM
    I'd like to hear an executive at Netflix say that. Ha...

Alec Saunders, please chime in!
    07-15-13 09:37 PM
    I'm cackling @ "Lieing"

07-15-13 09:38 PM
    Yeah; I don't buy that.
    07-15-13 09:40 PM
    It's a customer service representative - how would they have access to the kind of knowledge to know, without a shadow of doubt, that BlackBerry is lying about this? Just another CSR making stuff up, just like several CSR's in the past said it's coming to BB10.
    +1
    And if BB was lying, where's the Netflix app, after all this time? What, because Crackle got the drop on them, NOW there's finger pointing... Netflix is lying. Case closed
    Inconsequential, really.

But no, the frontlines at Netflix would not be privy to discussions at that level.
    richardat and Knightcrawler like this.
    I'm cackling @ "Lieing"
    Yep. I decided to override the bb10 keyboard.
    It tried to warn me, but I didn't listen.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-15-13 09:41 PM
    Didn't Netflix's CEO basically put down BB(10) recently? So who's lying?
    07-15-13 09:45 PM
    Makes no sense for BB to lie about this. Look at it this way..

Blackberry : Hey we know we have a new platform on our hands that desperately needs apps, especially the good ones. But hey, lets not work with Netflix even though it looks like they are willing to work with us. Oh and lets just tell our users that Netflix wont work with us instead. Yeah, that'll solve our problems.
    07-15-13 09:47 PM
    There's a user on here who works for SiriusXM and says that BlackBerry didn't check with SXM before announcing at the BB10 launch they were developing an app - in other words, they were lying about it at the launch. Who knows?!
    07-15-13 09:51 PM
    Called Netflix again.
    The girl's supervisor has a z10 and she said they've had lots of internal discussion on the subject. She was in Denver and seemed to really like BlackBerry as a brand.

I asked her to double check that and she came back with the same answer.
    I told her how when searching for the app I came across the post by Alec Saunders saying they would send a team of engineers should netflix ok it.
    She went away again for a while and came back with 'he's lying'.
    Straight and blunt answers.
    Granted it's a csr, but there was a lot of checking going on and pretty strong accusations.

Alec- care to respond?

Is netflix lying, or is BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    What is the name of the employee you spoke to? Bring this up higher at Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:54 PM
    I'm calling Shenanigans in the whole thread. Too much hearsay and cow-patties.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta.
    07-15-13 10:13 PM
    Given BlackBerry's proven inability to deliver (along with the half-truths and outright lies), I'm more inclined to believe Netflix than BlackBerry.

Netflix's track record give them way of credibility than whatever credibility BlackBerry has left.
    07-15-13 10:17 PM
    Given BlackBerry's proven inability to deliver (along with the half-truths and outright lies), I'm more inclined to believe Netflix than BlackBerry.

Netflix's track record give them way of credibility than whatever credibility BlackBerry has left.
    You're more inclined to believe a customer service representative at Netflix, who should have no access to such knowledge, than a high-ranking executive at BlackBerry? My, what a deluded world we live in...
    07-15-13 10:19 PM
    I'm calling Shenanigans in the whole thread. Too much hearsay and cow-patties.
    You take that back, sir. That rep happens to be my mother's brother's sister-in-law's daughter's dental hygienist's granddaughter twice removed. And therefore a credible source.
    LazyEvul, tryfe, Mecca EL and 11 others like this.
    07-15-13 10:23 PM
    My dad said he can beat up your dad.

But I wouldn't create a thread on the subject, or my teacher wouldn't let me have a pudding at snack time.
    07-15-13 10:29 PM
    "I did not have any sexual relationships with that woman"
    07-15-13 10:35 PM
    I find it funny that BlackBerry has worked with everyone and the devs have spoken about the amazing help. So why wouldn't they help a big name company that is in high demand on BlackBerry. Lol. I say shenanigans as well on Netflix. If they officially announced that BlackBerry wasn't willing to help to the media then I would believe it. Otherwise boo on them and Crackle beat you hahaha. Thanks for still trying

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    07-15-13 10:38 PM
    I have no idea who is and who isn't telling the truth here, or if it's just some sort of misunderstanding and/or miscommunication.

What I do know is that I've heard and read multiple times of developers who have claimed to have had trouble dealing with and communicating with BlackBerry. One of them is Audible/Amazon--there are a few threads on CB on this. Another is Ascendo, one of my favorite app developers. I'm not telling stories out of school on this one, because they (Ascendo) publicly tweeted as much, that is, that BB was not responding to their emails! Not responding to a developer!!? Ascendo later tweeted that finally BB had responded to them. The other developers I won't name because they are very small companies and probably need BB more than BB needs them. One of them told me--the head of the company said it in an email when I complained about problems with their app and BB World--that it has been very difficult to work with BB.

I hear this too many times and from too many different sources to suspend my disbelief and think that there are two equal sides to this story. Of course, I have no idea what BB's side is to any story. I do know that their stock price says a lot about the quality of their operation.

I am a longtime BlackBerry owner and user, and love my Z10--I wouldn't trade it even up for either an Android device or an iPhone. It's just disheartening to see this once great company continue to shoot itself in the foot at every opportunity. Of course, as a long time Chicago Cubs fan, I should know better than to think either one can ever get its head above water again.
    Last edited by KenV54; 07-15-13 at 10:50 PM. Reason: a typo
    07-15-13 10:47 PM
    I posted the conversation without any of my own takes on the conversation.

I posted it because of the strong nature of the allegations and the relentless of the csr, even after making her go back to her supervisor three times.

Take it as you will. It was a mini transcript.

Personally, I believe BlackBerry in this, but it begs the question, why is netflix telling their employees this?
    And if they are not, then why is there not a company memo on what the answer is?
    The csr did say that I'm not even close to the first person to ask.
    Surely there is a reason, why can't we just have the answer?
    If BlackBerry isn't willing to pay enough than just say so. If there is not enough subs, fair enough, just tell us, enough bull**** already, just tell us.

Posted via CB10
    Clinto likes this.
    07-15-13 10:54 PM
    I for the first time may believe it to be true. Look at my thread about Sirius. I couldn't figure out with this app to send the link here. But Sirius isn't coming anytime soon that's to BlackBerry Dev team. You will see Sirius Dev responses in my thread. Alec may not care to go above and beyond.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:01 PM
    Of course BlackBerry is lying.

Let's look at some other lies.
    bb10 on playbook
    they said bbm was coming on to android/ios b/c they were confident with bb10 sales, when in fact sales were poor and multiplatform bbm was really plan b.
    q10 selling 10's of millions - wrong again Heins
    at agm th said 'BlackBerry is about creating job's" but but now all we hear about is layoffs and downsizing.
    What happened to that 1M order in March 2013? by the end of the quarter, only 2.7M bb10's were sold! wtf.
    they also claimed z10 price cut to $0-49 was due to pending release of A10 coming out, but really it's due to inventory buildup. that's why they cutting down to 1m /month.
    A profit warning should have been announced prior to Q1F2013 ER if they knew Venezuela was going to affect the EPS. Nope! nothing! a big to BlackBerry investors, supporters and believers aka fools!
    the three phase plan was a lie, created probably after Q1 ER. Why was there no discussion/disclosure of it before bb10 was released back in 2012 and all of a sudden we hear about it after an abysmal Q1 ER.
    Shortly after Z10 was launched he talked about this 'exciting' device to be launched before the end of the year. turns out this 'exciting' phone is an A10 with massive bezels, 720p screen, dual-core processor. Sorry there's nothing exciting about this. i'd rather go for the xperia z for waterproof tech or the lumia 1020 for a killer camera.

BlackBerry is a very deceiving company.
    07-15-13 11:16 PM
249 123 ...