I read crackberry.com, user comments, and forums religiously. The negative news that RIM/Blackberry receives here in the U.S. is just ridiculous. It contributes to many U.S. developers not wanting to develop apps for Blackberry. I teach for a university here in the U.S. that recently developed a mobile app for their online forum. However, the mobile app was only developed for Android and iPhone. I completely understand why the mobile app was developed for Android and iPhone, as their popularity here in the U.S. is profound. I sent an email asking why other smartphone companies such as Blackberry and Windows were not included. The response I received was that Windows currently does not have a market share and they are waiting to learn more about the Nokia partnership and the development of Windows 8. Regarding Blackberry, they stated look at the recent news of RIM/Blackberry and they have no plans to develop for Blackberry.

I responded by reminding them that there are millions of Blackberry users in the U.S. regardless of what the news depicts and over 75 million users worldwide. I believe that every person should choose a company and phone that best fits what they are looking for whether it be Blackberry, Windows, Android, or iPhone.

I love my Blackberry 9930, my playbook, and all the past Blackberrys I have owned. I have high hopes for RIM/Blackberry's turnaround over the next few years...I know several previous Blackberry users who went to Android or iPhone who are waiting to come back to Blackberry (they miss the blinking LED light, the security, and the convenience keys ). Especially when I showcase my 9930 and Playbook, many are surprised by what the Playbook can actually do . Long live RIMpire and the dedicated and wonderful Blackberry fans!!!
    01-30-12 10:59 AM
    I responded by reminding them that there are millions of Blackberry users in the U.S. regardless of what the news depicts and over 75 million users worldwide.
    Yes, there are millions of U.S. BlackBerry users. But clearly, there aren't enough to create the support you're looking for, and that's what is reported.
    01-30-12 11:07 AM
    Yeah, I know.... I don't expect for any change to come along from my lone email, but I at least wanted to voice my opinions and maybe peak their interest a little...no matter how minute...lol!! I just think that sometimes people forget that there is a large number of Blackberry users here in the U.S. and need a reminder every once in a while.
    01-30-12 11:15 AM
    Yeah, I know.... I don't expect for any change to come along from my lone email, but I at least wanted to voice my opinions and maybe peak their interest a little...no matter how minute...lol!! I just think that sometimes people forget that there is a large number of Blackberry users here in the U.S. and need a reminder every once in a while.
    Voice it, that's exactly what we have to do. All of us.
    01-30-12 11:29 AM
    My post is kinda similar to this one, I feel your pain. I'm switching platforms until BB10 have a rich app environment , I will truly miss bbm and my blinking red light
    01-30-12 11:39 AM
    I have a true question... I do want to hear perspectives on this.

So, will most people say that there has been more negative news than positive for RIM in the last, say, 18 months? Should the media report bad, or not much at all?

What news emanating from RIM would folks say should make headlines? Serious inquiry.
    01-30-12 11:47 AM
    My post is kinda similar to this one, I feel your pain. I'm switching platforms until BB10 have a rich app environment , I will truly miss bbm and my blinking red light
    There are LOTS of Android phones that have LED's with blinking red lights..
    01-30-12 12:03 PM
    I have a true question... I do want to hear perspectives on this.

So, will most people say that there has been more negative news than positive for RIM in the last, say, 18 months? Should the media report bad, or not much at all?

What news emanating from RIM would folks say should make headlines? Serious inquiry.
    I'd say according to most folk around here, the media should sympathize, not criticize. I mean, they are trying to make a change, but only because of so much bad press. I think people should be thankful that all the bad press finally drove out the two captains who were about to "run aground".
    01-30-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD