Hi there.

I am wanting to swap my 8520 Curve for my sister's 9300 Curve 3G, as she doesn't use the 3G or OS6 (She doesn't even use the theme with the tray ). And she really wants my green keypad and screen cover and my white housing I put on my 8520. However, I want to have my 8520 device PIN on the 9300, and the 9300 PIN on the 8520. Now I read something on blackberry's website, where you can do it by migrating emails or something, but is it possible to swap a pin. If so, how? And will I be able to have my old device PIN on the new phone, so I can re-add my BBM contacts without hassle and irritating broadcasts, and also so my sister can keep hers too.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh and if it helps, the 9300 runs version 6.0.0.546, and the 8520 runs version 5.0.0.592

Regards,
    David.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 01-30-12 at 02:50 PM.
    01-30-12 02:36 PM
    You can't change the PIN's HOWEVER, the BBM's should follow the devices. BB devices now use what's called a BBID which is your BIS email and password usually and this will let the devices switch smoothly.
    Fluttershy likes this.
    01-30-12 02:50 PM
    So when I get the email about activate email accounts "We detected that you might have changed your BlackBerry(r) devide. to start... etc" All my BBM contacts are moved as well?

Thanks for the real quick response by the way
    01-30-12 02:52 PM
    Yes the BBM account should have moved also, BUT you might need to start it up once to finish the process. Same thing for App World. And all of your App World apps should also follow the device, BUT they of course would need to be downloaded again.
    Fluttershy likes this.
    01-30-12 02:59 PM
    Thanks so much for your kind help!
    01-30-12 03:03 PM
    !! Another thing! Is this my blackberry ID or the email I set up (MobileMe)
    Thanks
    01-30-12 03:07 PM
    Often they are the same, but not always.
    01-30-12 03:16 PM
    I just received a notice from a BBm contact about "New Pin". Before I could even change it it had already been done for her through BB ID. No worries dude, noone will even notice and you won't lose any contacts. just make sure you both backup and wipe. (Eew that sounds baad, haha) Then login to BB ID and all your email addys will popup and all you will need to do is add your passwords. Easy stuff. Enjoy your upgrade! As far as App world goes your new berry will login automatically as long as you reactivate your ID. Then just go to My world and reinstall. Some apps may require you to email/contact the developer and inform them of the pin change. I have found them to be more than happy to accomodate. Let us know if you have any issues.
    Last edited by albee 1; 01-30-12 at 09:40 PM.
    01-30-12 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD