I used my blackberry 8310 about a year ago, and i switched to the iphone. Well now im switching back to bb. I know the desktop manager version is old, as well as the OS. Can someone please walk me through how to upgrade everything? I am confused with which versions to download.
    Last edited by niki108; 07-24-10 at 12:22 AM.
    07-24-10 12:01 AM
    goto blackberry.com or search in google for desktop manager..
    Download OS 5.0 for of your relevant carrier, and desktop manager version 5.
    07-24-10 02:35 AM
    Here you go > http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-425915/

Installation procedure is found in that same link or Here
    07-24-10 03:18 AM
    goto blackberry.com or search in google for desktop manager..
    Download OS 5.0 for of your relevant carrier, and desktop manager version 5.
    OP is using an 8310, there is no v5.xx OS software for that model.

Research in Motion has simplified the upgrade process, it no longer requires downloading, installing and preparing the OS software to be installed.

You should download and install the most current version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. After you have installed it, connect your BlackBerry and let it check for updates. It should find and install the latest software directly from your carrier.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

If you choose to upgrade it manually, you can still do that by following the instructions posted with the upgrades.
    07-24-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD