I currently have a Curve 8330 and have enjoyed it for the 4 months I've owned it. I'm seriously considering either trading or selling it along with my no longer used MotoQ 9M so I can purchase a Storm. what are your thoughts or opinions? I've read about the Storm 2 but have heard it won't be much of an upgrade to the current Storm. Should I hold onto my Curve or move ahead with newer technology?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    05-20-09 08:28 AM
    As I tell everyone: GO play with the Storm and make sure it is right for you. Don't by a phone you know NOTHING about and have no clue if you even would like it.
    05-20-09 08:32 AM
    Just as thinkamp said. Log in some time with a Storm and see how you feel about it before deciding.
    If it's possible I would suggest keeping the Curve and save up for the Storm if it turns out you really want it. You can find some good deals in the marketplace on here and there's always ebay.
    Also there's the Tour coming, the Storm 2 and atlas rumored. Might want to wait and see what your options are by the end of the summer.
    I have a Curve and a Storm and as much as I enjoy the Storm I if I had to chose one it would be the Curve hands down.
    05-20-09 09:28 AM
    Just as thinkamp said. Log in some time with a Storm and see how you feel about it before deciding.
    If it's possible I would suggest keeping the Curve and save up for the Storm if it turns out you really want it. You can find some good deals in the marketplace on here and there's always ebay.
    Also there's the Tour coming, the Storm 2 and atlas rumored. Might want to wait and see what your options are by the end of the summer.
    I have a Curve and a Storm and as much as I enjoy the Storm I if I had to chose one it would be the Curve hands down.
    Why would you say the Curve hands down?
    05-20-09 09:39 AM
    I say play with the Storm as well. I had one for about a month and I loved it when I first started using it. Then I realized that I actually need to be able to type quickly, which I couldn't do on the Storm. So ultimately I ended up back on my 8330. To each his own - but try one out before you decide for sure.
    05-20-09 09:56 AM
    Wait for the new one. There's no reason not to. It'll only be a month or two.
    05-20-09 10:08 AM
    I also had the Storm for about a month and I could not stand it in the end.

Wait for the Tour.
    05-20-09 10:12 AM
    If you want a touch screen device, why not wait for the new iPhone?
    05-20-09 11:06 AM
    Well, since you're looking for opinions....I have an 8330 but always keep an open mind.

I was helping my brother in law set up and work with his storm the other day. What a pain in the *** it was.

FOR ME the 8330keyboard and size of the phone makes it a more powerful work and business phone....but its also a fun phone. I couldn't stand constantly going back because the touch screen was so funky.

I'm a 8330 fan above all the other bb's to be honest!

Go try them out for yourself though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 11:49 AM
    odd nobody has come on here and said "absolutely...go with the Storm!" I spoke with a Verizon tech rep last night and he said he loved the curve but loves his storm even more after his leaked OS update.
    05-20-09 12:50 PM
    While I love my Storm, I agree with others in that you should definately go and play with a Storm and make sure it works for you. As far as the new Storm, who really knows if its coming soon or now. Go find what you like and get it.
    05-20-09 12:57 PM
    I went from the storm to the curve, and while the Storm has better techonlogical advancements, the Curve is a more reliable device.
    05-20-09 12:58 PM
    Why would you say the Curve hands down?
    In my experience it is more reliable.
    I have had very little trouble with the Storm but I have had it freeze twice when trying to answer a call (it was fine after they hung up and tried again), also while texting a few times the keyboard wouldn't register what I was typing. So far all I have had to do was back out of sms, go back in and it was fine.
    I have to say I have never had any issues while emailing. I feel lucky that I haven't had all the major problems that some seem to but I guess in the back of my head I am kind of expecting them to eventually happen.
    I'm sure my saying "Curve hands down" has a little something to do with my expecting something to go wrong at some point. All though it has never given me enough problems to worry about using it when I want to.
    I would say that if you do end up liking the Storm, get it, it is fun and enjoyable to use. All though if you are not going through Verizon (or your carrier, didn't notice who you have) I would again suggest keeping the Curve to fall back on just incase.
    Regardless of Blackberry's, Storm or Curve if you have any cell phone that is not covered by insurance through your carrier it is always a good idea to have a back up just incase anything happens to your phone.

Edit: I should also note that I have not upgraded to a leaked OS yet. Plan to give it a try this weekend though. Have a lot of research to do first though as I am not familiar with all the builds/ hybrids and what bugs they have and fix. Looking forward to feeding the addiction though
    Last edited by mkurz12; 05-20-09 at 01:02 PM.
    05-20-09 12:59 PM
    I went from the storm to the curve, and while the Storm has better techonlogical advancements, the Curve is a more reliable device.
    OK so that's pretty much what I was thinking.
    Guess I need to work on summarizing.

Anyway, I don't think I will be getting rid of my Curve until something just as reliable comes along and proves itself (on Verizon).
    05-20-09 01:06 PM
    You should definitely try the Storm just to know for yourself if its right you. I'm sure you'll find as many people who hate the Storm as do the Curve. Speaking from my own experience here, I had a Storm, well actually had 3 of them in 3 months. I did the leaked updates and had pretty good success with them too. However, one day it started powering off all the time, locking up, re-booting even while after running .141 for a few weeks with no problems at all. So in my case I decided to return the Storm and go with a Curve 8330. The Storm has excellent potential, but it also has a lot of issues. Even with leaked updates the Storm doesn't function where it should. But try the Storm to just to see if you like it, and keep an open mind to it too.
    Last edited by DawgMan; 05-20-09 at 01:09 PM.
    05-20-09 01:06 PM
    Definitely test it out! My cousin has a Storm and wishes he went with a Curve instead. He's just not into the touch screen/click thing.
    05-20-09 01:46 PM
    touchscreen = no tactile feed back = no care
    05-20-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD