What's next?

"Need a phone who brings me my Hipster starbucks coffee"

Generation YouTube and its wishes.

Just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a phone that is bulletproof or crushproof . Lolz

Z30 - The BlackBerry Experience
    05-24-14 09:10 AM
    My reaction, when i saw a girl taking pictures in a pool with a phone, was OMG!! the phone was a xperia, i didn't know about that technology... and she was showing her friends diving the phone in pool, taking pictures, with no damage..

To resume the persons around, was very impressed and also request her to take some picture in the water , and two of her Friends, say i am going to sell my phone and buy one of those..

The xperia gain that wowww factor, that i didn't experience a lot time ago with my BB phone,.
    Some people get impressed with my Z10 keyboard, but its something you have to show. The water resistant feature its like a viral campaign of the device, and a good one.. since people get amazed, also i belive its necessary. For the brand to get to know & 4 users.

Hope BB add it!!

So if the OP its looking for a vote, count with mine. !

? BBLatino
    scatteril likes this.
    05-24-14 09:29 AM
    My reaction, when i saw a girl taking pictures in a pool with a phone, was OMG!! the phone was a xperia, i didn't know about that technology... and she was showing her friends diving the phone in pool, taking pictures, with no damage..

To resume the persons around, was very impressed and also request her to take some picture in the water , and two of her Friends, say i am going to sell my phone and buy one of those..

The xperia gain that wowww factor, that i didn't experience a lot time ago with my BB phone,.
    Some people get impressed with my Z10 keyboard, but its something you have to show. The water resistant feature its like a viral campaign of the device, and a good one.. since people get amazed, also i belive its necessary. For the brand to get to know & 4 users.

Hope BB add it!!

So if the OP its looking for a vote, count with mine. !

? BBLatino
    Pls write this as a new post in the are for armchair ceo to hopefully chen read it..
    Also add the fact that considering of moving up the logo, this way when you are talking using the phone, people can see the BB LOGO, its hide in the hand..

? BBLatino
    scatteril likes this.
    05-24-14 09:35 AM
    Why need a water resistant phone when you are not in water all day. Even swimmers don't need it.
    It is a very cool feature but very useless at the same. How many Samsung S5 or Sony Z2 users dip their phones in water?
    So why would blackberry compete using a feature that only an insignificant number of phone users make use of?

You didn't got the point.

See its not like people talk on their phones while swimming. Just imagine you are walking in rain and you get a call.It could be an important call.If phone is water proof you won't be having an issue in talking at that time.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-24-14 12:53 PM
    I would definitely jump on a water resistant BlackBerry! It'll be great not having to worry about your phone and a finding a dry place when you're walking in really heavy rain or when standing near a little pool or so

Not a decision maker when buying a phone, but really useful to have

Posted via CB10
    shorski likes this.
    05-24-14 01:03 PM
    You didn't got the point.

See its not like people talk on their phones while swimming. Just imagine you are walking in rain and you get a call.It could be an important call.If phone is water proof you won't be having an issue in talking at that time.

Why would I want to receive calls in the rain?
    If you had said for unforeseen situations where you get caught in rain or dropped it mistakenly in water and you are scared the phone might be damaged, I would have taken that as a good and valuable reason to wanna have a water resistant phone.

05-24-14 01:05 PM
    Why would I want to receive calls in the rain?
    If you had said for unforeseen situations where you get caught in rain or dropped it mistakenly in water and you are scared the phone might be damaged, I would have taken that as a good and valuable reason to wanna have a water resistant phone.

Yes you got it.

05-24-14 02:08 PM
    At no point did BB say they wouldnt...we dont know whether they are working at waterproofing the phone or making it water resist. However some posters just seem to want to have a jab at BlackBerry every instant they get--if you are so much against the company just go buy waht suits you and let it be. Its really a mystery as to why bothering to post negative comments when a simple registration in another part of Mobile Nation might be best for you....
    05-24-14 04:19 PM
    To be fair, you do not need a certified water resistant phone to take calls in the rain, my Ipod classic, Nokia N8, and BlackBerry Q10 are all non water resistant devices, but I was able to take calls as well as use other functions in the rain as well.

If you have an Otterbox case or other rugged cases with external rubber flaps, it can block basic rain drops. Also, keep in mind that when you are taking calls in the rain, since it is beside your ear, your head/hair as well as umbrella or hoodie you might be wearing provide cover so the phone is not as exposed as you think.

But I agree, a waterproof phone is nice, but not at the expense of non-removable batteries (as in the Sony Xperia).
    05-24-14 04:22 PM
    What's next?

Just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    I know, next thing you know people will demand a camera on their smartphone....oh wait...never mind. At least typing on a touch screen will never take off, right.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-25-14 08:50 AM
    I often use an aquapac waterproof case for when I am swimming - some people have waterproof earpieces that can be used when a phone is in an aquapac case, but I don't bother. Really useful when there are no lockers, and you don't want to leave certain things on the beach, or beside the pool (as well as the phone, I can squeeze in a room key and some cash). I usually use an armband case, and can see if the caller is worth getting out of the water for....

Waterproof Phones & GPS cases - AQUAPAC Waterproof Cases | Waterproof cases for camera, iphone, ipod, ipad; Waterproof backpack, drybags

I've now been using my original aquapac case for more than 6 years (bought it in Feb 2008 to use with my 8820) and it still works perfectly

Tip: check you are buying wide enough case for a BlackBerry!
    05-25-14 09:12 AM
    I would definitely jump on a water resistant BlackBerry! It'll be great not having to worry about your phone and a finding a dry place when you're walking in really heavy rain or when standing near a little pool or so

Not a decision maker when buying a phone, but really useful to have

Posted via CB10
    Me too - I've had to have two BlackBerry's replaced because they got wet in the rain - one time was from when I was in Singapore (okay, it was monsoon-like rain) but the second time was England (and whatever people say, the weather is not that bad in Blighty....)
    05-25-14 09:16 AM
    What's next?

Just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, because only hipsters and kids get caught in the rain, spill a drink on their phone, drop it into the toilet/bathtub, etc. And wouldn't hipsters frequent some underground coffee shop you've never heard of rather than Starbucks?

This sounds like something Mike/Jim would have said in 2008. It's shocking that some BB faithful still carry this mindset after all that's happened. If there was ever a time for BB to be ahead of a trend it's now.
    eldricho and Doggerz like this.
    05-25-14 12:12 PM
    Yes, because only hipsters and kids get caught in the rain, spill a drink on their phone, drop it into the toilet/bathtub, etc. And wouldn't hipsters frequent some underground coffee shop you've never heard of rather than Starbucks?

This sounds like something Mike/Jim would have said in 2008. It's shocking that some BB faithful still carry this mindset after all that's happened. If there was ever a time for BB to be ahead of a trend it's now.
    True. So true.

I don't know why is often a tendency to hesitate to embrace new features. There is nothing lost in adding this, nothing conflicts with it. And there are people who are out in the elements working who would love the peace of mind of knowing their phones won't fry if wet. Search and rescue groups, the most obvious example, work in terrible conditions and many teams use BlackBerry as the communication tool of choice.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-25-14 01:40 PM
    True. So true.

I don't know why is often a tendency to hesitate to embrace new features. There is nothing lost in adding this, nothing conflicts with it. And there are people who are out in the elements working who would love the peace of mind of knowing their phones won't fry if wet. Search and rescue groups, the most obvious example, work in terrible conditions and many teams use BlackBerry as the communication tool of choice.
    costs and bottom line are affected. especially if no one buys them. it's not like you can just slap stuff together and call it ip67 rated. there are associated costs for ip rated parts/gaskets/glues, for r&d, for testing and vaildation, certifications to external labs, and extra manufacturing steps because one slip up, or nervous hand, and the whole ip rating is compromised. not to mention the time and money spent on engineers. at the end of it all, it just might not be worth it - especially if demand is low and the thing isn't actually water proof. sony had to stop ship their tablets because of this.
    05-25-14 02:34 PM
40 12