My UK Storm 9500 arrived yesterday and I am eager to get the thing on ATT and try it out. I have sent one company money via Paypal for the unlock code but nothing back from them in 24 hours. Does anyone know who provides fast reliable service?

Thanks...
    11-29-08 10:21 AM
    You may find that with newly released phones it can take awhile before you can get an unlock code from the pay services, especially if it's on the weekend when the maker of the phone happens to be closed for the weekend or holidays.

If you are lucky, the carrier/unlocking company, has a block of unlock codes for group of Phones and their IMEI numbers, and can get that to you sooner, but more often than not, they have to contact the phone maker to get them, in this case RIM. And as I said earlier, it can take a while to get the code from point A to point B (being you).

As for faster service, you could try calling RIM directly, but they will tend to send you to the phone's carrier (the one it's locked to). You might try a local unlocking service, where you can walk into the to store and they do it right then and there, but they will have to do the same thing an online unlocker will have to do (which is to contact RIM), if they do not have the data base or access to it, to unlock a newer phone.
    11-29-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD