It seems that for every email address that you add to a BB sync, a calendar is also created on the BB. For example, I sync my Yahoo, my ISP and my BlackBerry accounts, and if I go to the Options menu from within the Calendar, I see each email address with a different color having its own calendar.

Now, all of a sudden, when I go to a date on the calendar, there are 3 entries for every event, each one colored to match the respective email address.

I don't understand the concept. Calendars are not tied to email addresses. In Outlook, where I have my calendar (my only one), it's an Outlook calendar, it has nothing to do with any of the email addresses I have configured in Outlook.

When I go to sync now, all of a sudden it's telling me it has to add 200 events to my device, and they're duplicates (some triplicates) of the only one I want to see.

This just started happening. I guess I don't understand how it works, but I only want one event to show in the calendar, not 3.

Rogers tech support guy was totally green and said he didn't know.

Thanks, folks.
    12-21-09 02:50 PM
    DM will only sync your Default CICAL (your default calendar). It sounds like your default CICAL has changed a couple of times and sync via DM has added those entries to your other calendars.

Pick your main one and clear the others.

FYI Calendars are ties to email address for event invites. Not necessarily the best system but it is the one we have.
    12-21-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD