I had no issues with 607....really...until I bought a bluetooth a few weeks back.

OK...need to trash this. I re-downloaded .517 but am unable to install it with BBSAK because of the weird missing language file "net.rim.platform.lang.en_GB" error.

I kinda forgot what I had before 607..it might have been .517 as I think the last hybrid I had was .498 Tank Act 2?

What's the hip version to have these days? Looking for low battery life drain and, of course, a proper bluetooth file.

Did a search and wasn't coming to any good conclusion. Your help is appreciated. Things have been hectic at home lately so I haven't had to to keep up to tabs with crackberry.
    05-23-10 09:25 PM
    Straight .517 is a great OS it if you're looking for a hybrid, try Lyricidal's latest: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/95...-fixes-468926/

Tanks Act2 .497 hybrid loaded over .451 was also a FANTASTIC hybrid on my phone especially for the battery life. Ice considered going back to it, but am just getting tired of reloading OSs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 10:23 PM
    Alright I tried to use BBSAK and this is the error I got....

"The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I got this after I did the low-level wipe. Right now I used DM to put 607 back on since I needed an OS reload and I am in the process of restoring the phone...

Where did I go wrong?
    05-23-10 11:38 PM
    I'm using Ooak's .607/.676 hybrid, great on many things especially battery life. BlueTooth works beautifully with my Aliph Jawbone Prime and in my car. In fact, BT works beautifully with every leak or hybrid on my S2. I used to have an old motorola H500 that was fairly good, but the Aliph Jawbone series are far superior - I've used nothing since I bought the original Jawbone.
    *This is not an accusation* If anyone went out and got a headset that doesn't deliver on sound quality (my wife did this) it will of course not work well with any BB software on your phone. My headset works great on my S2 and her phone. Hers sounds like #$%* on her phone and my S2.

I've read quite a few posts about sub-standard BT while using different OS's, and it took me this long to realize the problem might be the headset(s) for some people.
    05-24-10 12:01 AM
    The connection is fine, however the sound level sounds like the person is 10,000 miles away.

I did some searching and saw that many people had this issue with .607. I'm going to try a different OS before I say it's the unit.

I purchased the motorola HX 100...or something I think. It has jawbone functionality and I read about it on here around christmas time.

Right now I'm trying to recover from my previous message. Maybe I'll be looking into that 607 hybrid.
    05-24-10 12:04 AM
    Alright I tried to use BBSAK and this is the error I got....

"The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I got this after I did the low-level wipe. Right now I used DM to put 607 back on since I needed an OS reload and I am in the process of restoring the phone...

Where did I go wrong?
    As to getting you back on your feet, try using MCP BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP): Downloads / Beta Releases / BlackBerry Master Control Program 0.9.3.0 Beta 7 - there's a wipe option that will do a better wipe (imho) than the simple application settings wipe that BBSAK does. Then reinstall using these instructions by hydroz_23 http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/th...w-pics-439709/
    05-24-10 12:09 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/oo...t=ooakdpc+.676 <-- I'm running this one. I tried .607/.692 but didn't like the battery life, lasted only 20 hours. Went back to this one after 5 days.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/51...t=ooakdpc+.676 <-- Just in case you officially decide A) to dump .607 and B) still like .676.
    Last edited by genomos; 05-24-10 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Punctation is good.
    05-24-10 12:15 AM
    Do I need to have desktop manager downgrade to .320 first? I'm having a lot of trouble getting the computer to install .517 or even this .607 hybrid. I already put .607 back on it after the bricking. Now when I go to upgrade, the system doesn't recognize any "new" software.
    05-25-10 09:03 PM
    This is what I see when I try to run loader.exe .... or install any OS basically...
    05-25-10 10:11 PM
    This is what I see when I try to run loader.exe .... or install any OS basically...
    That's very odd. When you went to downgrade did you uninstall any previous OS software? And rebooted PC afterwards?
    You definitely need to uninstall any OS that's higher than the one you want to install because the loader will default to the highest one for the device it's loading to. Rebooting isn't required, I do it because it's habit.
    After you make sure the OS you're wanting to install is installed and the only one on your system back up your device, then go ahead and run loader; also you don't need to do anything with Desktop Manager other than back up device and app settings. Close DM afterwards before running loader.
    Loader.exe will back up, wipe, and restore as it progresses; if you want to wipe before installing I recommend using http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ or http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...program-86600/. BBSAK only wipes settings, nothing else; and when using its backup/restore your apps will show as one when you go into applications on your device. Some users swear by BBSAK; I am not one of these users.
    Hopefully something here will get your issue resolved.
    05-26-10 02:49 AM
    I was finally able to downgrade to .517 and I installed the hybrid which brought it to .608....my bluetooth volume is still horrible. Is there an issue with .608?
    05-28-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD